- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £29,179.00 - £36,472.00 gross per year
Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (HIAL) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Communications and Engagement Officer to join their Communications Team.
This challenging role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a busy new team that provides professional expertise and guidance to proactively support internal and external communications, engagement and publicity of all HIAL sites and activity.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will play a pivotal role in supporting and delivering HIAL’s communication strategy. You will manage and implement a strong and effective forward-planned rolling communication programme to ensure the highest level of public relations and promote the work of HIAL and its staff at all 11 airport sites and Head Office.
HIAL plays a vital role in Scotland’s transport network and our local communities, and you will establish and maintain positive relationships with key external stakeholders to assist HIAL meet its strategic objectives and promote high level projects.
Communication with our staff is key and your role will ensure that our internal communication channels and engagement activities are effective, informed and shaped by our people.
The work pattern will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning.
Your role will require travel across the different HIAL airport sites.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a communications or PR discipline
- Significant experience of working within internal/external communications, stakeholder engagement, PR and media liaison
- An awareness of different engagements techniques and experience of using a variety of communication channels to ensure integrated communication
- Good understanding of social media and wider communication approaches
- Experience of website content management systems and managing social media platforms and analysis tools
- The ability to work independently and with initiative
In return we offer a great benefits package, including good salary and allowances, generous annual leave entitlement, an excellent company pension and an employee assistance programme which both you and your family can use.
Apply online today at our careers site. Closing date for Applicants is 10th July 2019. With Interviews being held on 23rd July 2019.
- public relations
- social media