- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised individual to support the delivery of consistent and effective communications strategies and plans for our key projects in line Network Rail’s communication strategy. This will involve securing the necessary permissions to enable the smooth delivery of the company’s capital investment programme.
About the role (External)
What will I be doing day to day?
You will be producing consultation plans for development consent orders, transport and works act and planning applications detailing activities/resources necessary for implementation. This will also involve assist with the production of consultation guidelines and helping brief project teams on the agreed approach.
You will also provide external communications support to key personnel across consultation programmes to ensure activity is delivered in line with the approved consultation strategy / Network Rail’s corporate policies.
Other tasks included in role will be;
- Managing associated stakeholder communication activities with a key focus on community relations, public affairs and media.
- Check branding used on consultations complies with our corporate policy on branding.
- Produce regular reports on all consultation activities, including budgets.
- Be part of the major incident communications plan as required.
What projects are you currently working on?
We are currently working on the Croydon area remodelling scheme alongside the Dawlish resilience.
- Significant experience of working in a communications role with a focus on consultation
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts including politicians (local and national) and the media
- A proven understanding of property and planning issues
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Interviews will be taking place W/C 27th May.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factors. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £32,256 - £36,288
As an arm’s length department of the UK Government, Network Rail is required to comply with a well-established pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) checks require prospective employees of Network Rail to meet the following requirements;
§ Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
§ Complete a satisfactory 3 year employment history check
§ Complete a satisfactory unspent criminal conviction disclosure check
For more information regarding BPSS pre-employment related checks, please visit the UK Government website for further information - UK Government - BPSS Checks
Closing date: 23rd May 2019, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
This vacancy is for a fixed term opportunity for 12 months.
CurrencyGBP Amount of Travel Work At Home