- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a candidate to work at our facility in Feltham, West London as a Full time Communications Specialist within our Marketing Department.
As a Communications Specialist you will promote and protect the UPS Brand via external communication strategies including customer relationship management (CRM), public relations, customer materials and digital/social media. You will be expected to manage external agencies and suppliers to develop and execute Communication plans and strategies. Our Communication Specialists work closely with internal departments including the European Head Office and Corporate Head Office in delivering the Communication plan.
- Work with PR agency to develop press releases and other PR campaigns
- Ensure campaigns are communicated to sales teams and other internal departments
- Develop case studies and other communication materials for use by sales teams and other groups
- Ensure all external communications meet language and brand guidelines
- Manage regular proof reading and testing tasks for the updating of ups.com
- General support on ad hoc communications projects
- Some travel within the UK will be required.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package including company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
- Full industry leading training
- UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
- University or Bachelor degree – English, Communications, Marketing degrees are preferable
- Preferably 1 - 2 years of work experience in a Marketing or a commercial setting
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Good people skills
- Self-motivated to achieve deadlines in a target driven environment
- Quality driven; eye for detail – excellent proof reading skills
- Multi-tasking and flexibility – good time management skills are essential
- Strong in PowerPoint and Word, and good knowledge in MS Excel. Knowledge of a design package – i.e. Publisher, Photoshop would be a plus.
- Fluency in English (additional European languages are a plus)
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.