- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Community Banker - Essential Banking - 00264068
Posting Range:15 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Customer Service Advisor
Working pattern: 35 hours per week, covering various shifts between Monday to Saturday
Salary starting from £16,500 per annum plus Excellent Benefits
As a Barclays Essential Banker – Customer Service Advisor
, we'll depend on you to act as the first point-of-contact for our customers, mainly face to face in a confident, professional and knowledgeable manner. You'll also be liaising with internal and external customers on a regular basis, to resolve queries and understand requirements in order to meet their needs.
What will you be doing?
• Delivering an expert, quality-driven service to our customers.
• Demonstrating ownership of all queries and acting as the first point-of-contact for all their day-to-day banking requirements, using various communication methods.
• Proactively educating customers on the features and benefits of the international proposition, and managing clients throughout the proposition tiers.
• Acting on customer prompts to capture data, and making changes to accounts in line with agreed procedures across the Service Centre.
• Providing exquisite customer service in every interaction you have with our customers in the branch.
What we’re looking for:
• You will be adaptability in your approach to customer and have a positive attitude.
• Your ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• You will have an understanding of the importance of meeting and exceeding client expectations.
• You will have confidence in your ability to talk to clients in detail on our products, services and channels.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• A strong level of computer literacy and proficient keyboard skills.
• You may have worked previously for a financial organisation.
• You will have commitment to provide a world-class service and drive our dedication to the customer experience.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?
Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.