- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Group Compliance Function aim is to proactively support Willis Towers Watson to generate sustainable value, helping the company to deliver good client outcomes, manage its conduct, protect against regulatory risk, and to maintain strong regulatory relationships. We aim to be a trusted partner to the business.
We lead the management and co-ordination of Willis Towers Watson Group Compliance policies and procedures, identifying applicable regulatory requirements and implementing relevant processes to enable standards to be met. We also provide guidance and training. The Compliance team leads the management and co-ordination of the requirements of our global Regulators.
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Business Partner, within a team of skilled colleagues, the Compliance Business Partner will;
Provide second line advice, support and challenge to the business for an assigned business area;
- Identify and assess compliance risks within the business. Discussing promptly with the LoB management team where any compliance or regulatory issues arise
- Provide technical regulatory advice and support to the business in understanding its responsibilities and obligations under relevant Willis policies and regulatory requirements
- Compare and analyse management information produced by the business, Compliance Monitoring reports, internal/external audit reports as a means of determining potential risks and weaknesses in internal controls, discussing key findings with the business
- Review and challenge the design and structuring of new products and services from the business to ensure that they meet legal and regulatory requirements and internal compliance policies and standards
- Identify compliance training needs within the business, taking advantage of available resources, contributing to online training as well as developing and delivering specific training materials to the business
- Undertake quality and proactive engagement with the business, at all levels. Proactively develop and maintain relationships with the business at all levels, to foster a collaborative approach to embedding a strong compliance culture
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the regulatory framework in the UK and determining how changes affect Willis GB
- Horizon scanning to identify upcoming developments within the business and monitoring of internal policies, procedures and controls to ensure adequacy against new ventures
- Involvement in the business risk assessment process, providing support in the identification of appropriate risks, specifically, using commercial awareness to provide challenge so that compliance risks are appropriately managed
- Attend all formal (as defined by terms of reference) Business Unit Executive and Governance Meetings, providing meaningful updates and management information, to support the business in meeting its’ regulatory obligations
- Co-ordinate with Internal Audit on those activities that cover compliance obligations (during a review and in an ongoing way).
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent. Likely that the job holder will also have a relevant professional qualification – for example either in legal, accountancy or business profession
- Professional experience within an insurance broking or insurance environment or within a highly-regulated business environment. The candidate should have working experience in an operational, compliance, risk, audit or legal role
- Strong regulatory and corporate governance knowledge/understanding required
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to engage effectively at all levels to promote an effective and business focused compliance culture
- Ability to work, both individually and as a team, under pressure to tight timelines and without direct supervision
- Demonstrates high integrity at all times
- Organised and methodical.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Commercial awareness – a commercial and pragmatic approach to managing compliance risks
- Commitment to continuous professional development, and maintaining excellent understanding of regulatory developments
- Must be committed to maintaining a robust compliance culture and high ethical standards
- Fluent business English essential
- IT literate – knowledge of Microsoft office packages needed
- Regional Compliance Business Partners must be mobile within the UK, and able to regularly travel to business meetings in the Regional offices
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
- customer service