- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This person will work with SUSE customers and internal teams to identify and resolve software and subscription agreement compliance issues. Successfully building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, the Compliance Manager will oversee these engagements from inception through closure, including negotiation of any required resolutions. All of this, while maintaining positive relations with SUSE’s customers and adhering to the SUSE’s principles and mission.
The Compliance Manager will
- Interpret complex subscription agreements.
- Work closely with an experienced team of entitlement analysts and technical audit experts, to ensure accurate and efficient data collection and analysis.
- Design appropriate remedies that foster a positive ongoing relationship with customers while protecting SUSE’ intellectual property and contract rights.
- Identify and engage with the appropriate level of stakeholder within non-compliant customers’ organizations, including up to C-level, to ensure resolutions consistent with software agreements and company objectives.
- Operate with respect and confidence to set suitable negotiation strategies.
- Provide regular updates to management and relevant stakeholders inside SUSE.
- Identify and assess compliance risk. Education and Experience Required:
- Required: J.D. or M.B.A. in an applicable discipline and 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated experience with complex negotiations and/or prior experience in the field of software asset management reviews. This experience can be demonstrated in many ways, for example practice of law for 3-6 years as an attorney, or comparable experience as a professional auditor, or other related field. Prior experience in complex negotiations is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of software contracts, deployment, management, and distribution methodologies, and familiarity with software asset management tools.
- Fluency in a major European language such as French, German, Italian, or Spanish is advantageous. Knowledge and Skills:
- Commercial drive: demonstrated experience generating revenue; and a desire to contribute to the company’s bottom line.
- Understanding of common software licensing terms, contract terms and Intellectual Property Law in relation to software and software licensing.
- Mastery of organizational and project management techniques.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Exceptional communication capabilities, written and verbal (a writing demonstration will be required for selected candidates).
- Demonstrates versatility & willingness to take on variety of projects dictated by business needs.
- Project management skills to ensure timely completion of engagements and balance 50-100 matters.
- Develop strong teaming relationship with team members and the local sales organization.
- High degree of proficiency in office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
- Some travel may be required. About SUSE
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
Sales SUSEis proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status