- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Salary: Up to £35-40,000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Potters Bar
About the Role
We are a specialist recruitment agency in the driving and industrial sector established over 10 years ago with a large blue-chip client base.
We are currently looking for an experienced compliance professional to join our growing team of professionals. This is a newly created role and would suit someone with strong experience in the legal requirements and aspects of the Industry.
As the Compliance Manager you will lead on all compliance related activities within the Business as well as liaise with our clients to ensure their compliance regulations and requirements are met at all times.
You will work closely and proactively with the Sales Consultants, the HR Manager, and the Payroll Team within the business to develop initiatives that safeguard and enhance compliance awareness throughout the Company.
The key elements and requirements for this role include:
* Proactively developing processes within the business to ensure compliance is met at all times, liaise with Company Management on continuous improvement ideas
* Ensuring company practise is in accordance with REC Standards as well as the individual Client regulations.
* Review and update contracts such as agency agreements, client terms of business agreement, insurers’ terms of business agreements
* Managing Compliance ‘sign-offs’ as required.
* Evaluating and responding to new and changing European and national administrative laws and regulations, as well as international standards;
* Track due dates and deliverables, to meet internal KPI targets and ensure respect of all regulatory deadlines.
* Review and develop policies and procedures for anti-bribery corruption, anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, sanctions, fraud and anti-tax evasion
* Monitor and supervise the registration process of all drivers and warehouse workers ensuring documents are up to date and compliant
* Identify, recommend and assist in the implementation of changes to systems, controls, procedures and processes in response to regulatory rule and legislation changes in so far as these affect each area within the business
* Other duties as assigned.
You will need to:
* Fully understand driver’s compliance and legislation rules
* Experience in conducting audits on multiple clients
* Experience in delivering risk-based Compliance Monitoring Reviews.
* Experience in conducting audits on behalf of a Master Service Provider (MSP) on Agencies within the logistics and Transport Sector
* Strong compliance knowledge developed through working in the industry
* In-depth knowledge of relevant industry legislation, including REC regulations, IR35, WTD, Modern Day Slavery, ETI Base Code, GLAA Regulations etc
* It’s important that you can be commercially sensitive whilst considering business and regulatory risks
* A thorough understanding of the recruitment industry and processes.
* We will need you to be a confident and articulate communicator both verbally and in writing and have well- developed influencing skills.
* Strong analysis skills and that you can effectively problem solve.
* You will need to be self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative.
* Strong organizational skills
* Extensive knowledge of general compliance principles and standards.
Although not essential, preference will be given to candidates who can confidently demonstrate exposure to agency recruitment practises particularly from within the transport logistics/warehousing sector.
If you are interested in the role either apply on line or call Serge on (phone number removed)
Role: Compliance Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: EN6, Hertfordshire,
Apply for this job now.