- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Computational Model Developer (Defence Simulation)
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000 P/A + benefits (plus Overtime, Flexi and Bonus)
Hours:37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Computational Model Developer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
The Computational Model Developer will participate in the development, use and international sharing of a wide range of real time and non-real time simulation software tools for applications such as weapons, sensors, aircraft, and operator-in-the-loop air combat simulators.
The company offers an excellent opportunity to advance your career, with further training, development and educational support, as well as an excellent remuneration and rewards package.
Duties and expectations
- You will be part a small functional UK team working in an international environment.
- You will contribute to the development and maintenance of a wide range of battle modelling software tools (in C, C++, Matlab, Visual Basic, Open GL), including real-time operator–in-the-loop air combat simulation with 3D graphics.
- Participate in analytical studies and experimentation using the battle modelling toolset – including air-air combat tactical studies and missile performance investigation & comparisons.
- Assist with Customer and VIP visits, demonstrations and export campaigns.
- Ideally degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Experience across two or more programming languages (C, C++, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Open GL, Python).
- Some experience of software requirements, development, testing and verification, and working with data structures, algorithms and scripting in a Windows or Linux environment.
- Some knowledge of numerical modelling techniques (e.g. Probabilistic, Optimization and Monte-Carlo methods).
- Willingness to build defence domain knowledge, and an interest in mathematical modelling of military tactics and equipment.
- The ability to communicate to a non-expert audience, including report writing and presentation skills.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/89695469
About the company