- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Ives
For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey
Due to continued expansion and growth Mick George Ltd are currently recruiting for a Concrete Shipper to join the Concrete team based at our Batching Plant in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Manage and control the transport network function of the Concrete department
* Ensure a first-class service is received by the end customer
* Ensure that deliveries are completed on time and efficiently and all traffic activities are accurately documented and reported
* Liaise with the compliance team ensuring Legislative and procedural compliance on maintenance and WTD
* First point of contact for drivers for all briefing and de-briefing
* Deal with customer enquiries by telephone and ensure all queries are dealt with timely and efficiently
* Ensure all databases are up to date with the most accurate information.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Good understanding of the Batching, Mixing, transporting and handling of concrete is advantageous for this role
* At least 1 year's previous transport experience for Transport Coordinator/Controller preferred
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of up to date VOSA legislation preferred
* Ability to plan organise and prioritise own work load
* Composure under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Outstanding Customer Service skills.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Excellent IT Literacy
- customer service