- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Consultant Psychiatrist – Adult Inpatient
Pay Scale: £79,860 - £107,668 per annum
Area: Rydon Ward 2, Taunton
Due to an internal move Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Inpatient Psychiatry to Rydon Ward 2, based in Taunton, Somerset.
The successful candidate will be joining a service most recently rated “good” by the CQC that puts the development, training, and work life balance of its employees at the core of its employer values,
Rydon Ward 2 is a 15 bed inpatient unit, primarily covering patients from the Somerset Coast area which includes Minehead, Bridgwater and Burnham. It is located at the Wellsprings Hospital site in Taunton.
This post will be suitable for a consultant in general adult psychiatry with a certificate of completed specialist training doctors, or a higher trainee within 6 months of their CCT date.
- Deliver direct interventions to inpatients including assessment, diagnoses and treatment
- Provide clinical supervision to the medical team that provides medical care and act as RC for detained inpatients.
- Medical legal role for inpatients
- Collaboratively working with the community teams including the crisis/home treatment team
- The Consultant will take part in S12 office-hours rota to cover Place of Safety (Section 136 suite) at Rydon ward; this is likely to involve approximately 1 assessment per week.
- Contribute to the development of acute care services in line with best practice and nationally accredited standards.
- Management of the wards medical staffing in conjunction with ADME
- Training and supervision of junior medical staff in conjunction with ADME
- Medical and MDT teaching and supervision On Call:
The post-holder will be expected to join the senior out of hours on-call rota. This is a 1 in 10 senior on call rota. This rota provides senior cover including RC responsibilities to the in-patient wards which usually involves telephone support to the junior doctors on-call. This part of the on-call work attracts a 3% supplement.
The senior on-call also involves MHA assessments (section 12 work); this part of the on-call attracts an additional payment of 1 PA.
- Full GMC registration
- Experience in Adult psychiatry.
- The successful candidate will be Section 12 approved, and may apply for AC status. The Area:
Ideally situated to explore the stunning scenery of Exmoor and the Quantock Hills, Taunton, offers an outstanding quality of life, with easy access to the moorland and coast, a thriving arts and entertainment scene and excellent transport links to the nearby cities of Bristol and Exeter.
Somerset has some of the region’s most reasonably priced housing, and is well serviced by a range of high achieving state and private schools.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Contact Details/Informal Visits/Interview Dates:
For further information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Andreas Papadopoulos, Clinical Director on 01749 836600.