- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Transport Planning team covering the South West of England and South Wales is looking to recruit a Consultant or experienced Graduate Consultant to help deliver our strong portfolio of projects. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a strong and accomplished Transport Planning team, working on leading modelling projects which are at the forefront of the Transport Planning industry and from which to develop your career.
We believe in a healthy work / life balance, as such we have a flexible working policy and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns. AECOM believe in organic growth as such there is significant career progression potential, based on merit.
The successful candidate will join a 20 persons strong Transport Planning team operating across the South West and South Wales region. Bristol is one of our UK centres of excellence for the Transport Planning team, with staff additionally based in both Cardiff and Exeter.
Our work covers the breadth of the Transport Planning discipline. In particular we are looking for a candidate with strong analytical skills that will contribute to the development and application of transport models. Some examples of our recent projects include:
A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down (Stonehenge) Development Consent Order;
South West and Mid-Wales Transport Model (SWMWTM);
Cornwall Council and CORMAC transport planning and modelling;
A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness; and
Highways England national economy modelling.
As a Consultant in our Transport Planning team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality technical tasks independently and under supervision from more senior staff;
- Working with and supervising more junior staff;
- Contributing to technical client reports and presentations.
- These responsibilities will be across a number of different task areas, including:
Development, refinement and application of transport models;
- Planning and evaluating future transport schemes;
- Forecasting demand and revenue;
- Undertaking economic appraisal and providing inputs into other complementary appraisal processes (e.g. environmental assessment); and
- Contributing to the development of transport scheme business cases.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant analytical subject (e.g. mathematics, physics, engineering, geography, economics or computer science);
- A good understanding of the principles of transport planning or modelling;
- Experience in transport modelling and forecasting;
- Understanding of transport planning software packages, including at least one of SATURN, VISUM, Emme or CUBE
- Knowledge of the transport economic appraisal process;
- Good presentation skills;
- Good technical report writing capability; and
- The ability to manage your own time to meet project deadlines.
- A masters degree or further qualification in Transport Planning or a related subject/social-based discipline;
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CIHT, CILT, TPS, ICE); and
- Working towards chartership or other recognised professional accreditation (e.g. CEng, CTPP, CMILT).
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- ms project