- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a unique opportunity for a candidate starting out in their Information Security career to join an experienced Technology Risk team embedded within the Marcus Consumer Bank at Goldman Sachs. The individual will work with a broad range of stakeholders across Technology and Business and play a vital role in the management of technology risks.In this position, the individual will have the ability to make a big impact in an environment that welcomes challenge and new ideas.
As an Information Security Officer, you will:
- Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to Information Security, Privacy & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
- Take ownership of risk management tracking and reporting, defining Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Develop a thorough understanding of relevant Information Security policies, standards and local regulatory requirements
- Define and execute a security awareness programme tailored for different disciplines
- Provide advice and consultation on identified risks and treatment strategies
- Contribute to improving Technology Risk programme reflecting new and emerging risks
- Contribute to the overall risk profile of the division and work with stakeholders to create a plan towards reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialised manner
- Contribute to wider security organisation and bring insights from across the firm back into the division
- Contribute to design of new security controls and prioritisation discussions for security enhancements QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
- 1-2 years of experience in Information Security, Risk Management or Technology Risk
- BSc or MSc in Information Security, Computer Science or similar Technology related degree
- Experience with risk management methodologies
- Clear, concise, and accurate communication (verbal and written)
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Interest in technology, and a conceptual knowledge of technology systems
- Experience in Financial Services and/or consulting an advantage ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
- ms project