- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Content Writer-Financial ServicesAn exciting role for someone passionate about writing and driving business growth is on offer in the global Chief Strategy Office (CSO) group within our Corporate and Institutional Services (C&IS) business unit. This business unit provides asset servicing solutions to institutional investors worldwide, including pension funds, investment managers, alternative managers, fiduciary managers, insurance companies and sovereign entities.
This is a new position that will play a key role in the delivery and expansion of the C&IS Product University (CPU) training programme launched in Q4 2018 - a strategic and global initiative sponsored by the C&IS President. CPU is an online training programme for C&IS client/prospect/consultant facing staff in over 20 locations worldwide. The objective is to help them develop a comprehensive understanding of our core capabilities and latest innovations so they can more effectively add 'value' to client relationships, drive cross-sell and new business. Created to support the future growth of the C&IS business, the programme addresses the previous lack in formal training of our 1000+ frontline staff.
You will consider all facets of a product, including industry trends and solution drivers, the 'value' for different client segments, competitor analysis, positioning and toolkits to aid continued education etc. Initially focused on our 'Technology Transformation' series to help staff become more tech savvy; the programme is evolving to cover a broader set of asset servicing and asset management products.
You will play a key role in the programme expansion and help institutionalise it for the future.
The team :
- Reporting to a senior strategist within the CSO group, with the role based in London, Limerick or Dublin
- The CSO group comprises 70+ FTE and is a multi-functional/multi-disciplined global organisation supporting a broad range of activities and initiatives across C&IS, including business strategy, business management, global learning and marketing
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with subject matter experts globally to develop online training course content and supporting materials, including but not limited to:
- Engage leadership, product, sales, client servicing and other groups to identify areas in need of training programmes or educational materials
- Lead the structure design, information gathering, content development, review and approval process for content, build and roll-out globally
- Write a variety of content largely from scratch, including course scripts, video scripts, product cheat sheets, summary materials, pre and post course assessments and delegate and promotional communications
- Collaborate with eLearning team to build training programmes and materials for online delivery based on the content you create; course output may include voiced over animations, interactive graphics, infographics, videos etc.
- Engage with other teams as necessary - in particular Corporate Marketing - to build training assets e.g. talking head videos.
- Track metrics, evaluate and report on the success of courses.
- Evolve best practice in product training in response to feedback.
- Maintain training content on dedicated CPU page on our global learning web portal.
- Champion and represent Product University with key stakeholders across the business.
- Create other educational materials as required as the programme expands to support the C&IS strategy.
The ideal candidate should have experience which demonstrates the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience producing content from scratch
- Ability to simplify complex topics into compelling and engaging content
- Strong relationship building skills with various stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable working autonomously with strong drive to execute
- Strong organisational skills and experience managing multiple projects
- Curious with a willingness to expand cross-functional understanding of our business and value proposition
- An interest in the financial services industry; previous experience or prior knowledge is a definite plus
- A university or higher education degree and/or professional qualification in media studies, public relations, English, communication or a relevant field
- Able to produce creative writing supported by cited sources such as previous work samples
- Willing and able to participate in a writing skills assessment
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
- public relations