- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for :
Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: UK - Luton
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The MTL Business Unit is part of Eaton’s Crouse Hinds series portfolio, manufacturing electrical products to control, operate and protect assets in harsh and hazardous environments. Our products are used in all types of locations (hazardous and general), from offshore oil and gas platforms, power production plants and petrochemical installations to pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and other manufacturing/process plants.
Our dedication to our customers continues to drive our development of new products to ensure we deliver the best values and solutions to meet our customers’ need, supported by a global network of sales and support centers. The primary purpose of this role is to lead, manage and co-ordinate the continuous improvement program within a manufacturing business with complex supply chains to meet the business goals and objectives (KPI’s)
Your key deliverables :
- Lead and manage improvement activities throughout the business, from identification through to implementation
- Develop a robust CI strategy whilst deploying the appropriate tools and techniques required to achieve key business objectives in the areas of quality, cost, service and inventory
- Coordinate key projects to achieve the annualized savings defined in business objectives, ensuring a flexible approach to changing business requirements
- Support department goals and objectives to ensure a continuous improvement culture that will contribute to waste reduction or elimination
- Lead on key training and deployment activities in all areas of the business and provide coaching on implementation of key initiatives across the business
- Develop a highly capable team of experts within the business to support with CI activities and develop a collaborative working environment that drives and supports the achievement of key strategic initiatives
- Develop relationships with key members of the team and own site initiatives to drive an improvement and learning culture
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on Continuous Improvement – than please apply.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in similar position
- Engineering qualification at degree level or equivalent
- Six Sigma Certification
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and presentationskills
- Ability to develop relationships and create collaborative working environment
- Adaptable and open to new ways of working
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable
- Experience training and coaching others
- Confident in dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding of CI techniques and ability to implement
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, nev