- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Opening Date: 07 November 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 December 2018
Level: Executive Director
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
The Operations Division is the engine room that powers Goldman Sachs, and Operations Technology is driving their industrialization through automation, digitization and orchestration
The Control Engineering team is responsible for developing and enhancing control implementations and tooling to allow preventative, longitudinal, bilateral, and detective controls to be supported across the front-to-back architecture across Operations Engineering.
We undertake a key role in the architecture of the control platforms, and our success contributes directly to the efficient functioning of the firm's trading and sales operations on a day-to-day basis.HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The team are responsible for the build out of Trade Tracker and Front-to-Back Trade Search platforms
• Trade Tracking platform: a real-time transaction high volume low latency NoSQL based flow monitoring solution solving the “where’s my trade” use case by creating real-time linkages across trade flow and complex event processing breach detection engine to identify blockages / backlogs. Platform eliminates and manages the costly issues by providing visibility on each transaction across our distributed environments through completeness and timeliness controls.
Upcoming enhancements include support for 10X volumes (over 100MM) trade activities per day, complex graph based breach detection scenarios and data lake integration. Platform built with ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Esper, REST and many more.
• Front-to-Back Trade Search platform: a trade search tool across Derivative and Security asset classes enabling Sales, Traders and Operations teams to have a Google-style search front-end with a FedEx-like tracking of trades through front-to-back trade processing flow that enables teams to support client queries and trade data analysis significantly uplifting the efficiency. Upcoming enhancements includes support for graphs based model of trade flows, real-time event streaming search corpus enrichment and aggregation and continued build out across all derivative and securities asset classes. Platform built with ElasticSearch, Kafka, Node.JS, AngularJS, Selenium, graph database and many more. The team is passionate about solving complex technical problems, delivering innovative, resilient and performant systems.
As a member of our team you will work closely with business and technical colleagues locally in London, Warsaw, New York and Bengaluru, to solve challenging technical problems, and deliver cutting-edge technical solutions to meet evolving business demands. Effective problem-solving, consensus building, and a highly-developed analytical and technical skill set are essential to your success. We run an Agile (Scrum) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team’s processes. We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial/innovative solutions and developing highly effective teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline required
- Significant experience in developing core Java and web applications required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement initiatives required
- Experience of architecting search engines required
- Experience in designing and implementing distributed services required
- Familiarity with REST/RESTful web services, design patterns, algorithms and data structures required
- Experience of prototyping, releasing and iterating applications required
- Experience with bug-fixing, optimising of tools/algorithms required
- Knowledge of C/C++, C#, Python, Go, Scala, PHP required
- Familiarity with SQL/no-SQL, Linux/Unix memory management, cloud tools/services required
- Strong project management skills required
- Ability to efficiently work within a global team.
About the company
Goldman Sachs brings people, capital and ideas together to help our clients and the communities we serve. Learn more about our firm.
We provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Learn more about our businesses.