- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Atkins Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) has exciting opportunities for experienced Industrial Control and Automation (ICA) engineers, who thrive on variety, to undertake control system design services and system assessments and validation for a varied client base and across a breadth of industries including nuclear, water and manufacturing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Control Systems engineer who can apply their enthusiasm and experience to client challenges and successfully deliver solutions. Assignments range from typical ICA system design projects, through to very unique consultancy challenges presented by some of Atkins more diverse clients.
You may be working within a team of engineers, collaborating with project managers, application & software engineers, GIS consultants, validation and verification experts, and engineers from across all areas of the Atkins business. You will be learning from technical experts and Senior Engineers in the field of Automation, Control and Instrumentation on a variety of projects within ADS&T.
• Working with other Engineers to deliver Control and Automation projects front end design through to design and build.
• Contribute to design projects following recognised design processes.
• Cultivation of strong client relationships through technical excellence.
• Work to project technical and quality assurance processes.
• Knowledge share with other engineers.
• Ensure successful delivery of client engagements.
• Report effectively to senior management and project managers about progress and workload.
• Experience in the design and delivery of EC&I solutions, from Scope Definition to Implementation.
• Experience in any of the following vertical markets: Defence, Petrochemical, Oil, Gas, Nuclear, Water, Manufacturing, Food, transport or any regulated industries.
• Working knowledge of PLC, SCADA, SIL, ESD, SIS Safety and Industrial safety standards.
• Experience of technical document production throughout the project lifecycle.
• Knowledge of the industrial controls marketplace, platforms and providers.
• Ability to design PLC, SCADA & industrial Network solutions to suit customer problems and specifications.
• Knowledge of structured text, function block programming and ladder logic programming to IEC 61131 standards.
• Skills in Ada, VB, .Net, C# and other similar programming languages
• Experience in requirements and design analysis, modelling and simulation, using object orientated requirements packages such as IBM DOORS and their associated design methodologies.
• Experience in critical systems modelling software solutions packages e.g. Ansys SCADE.
• Experience of security implementation utilising any of the following standards: IEC 62443/ISA 99, NIST SP 800-82, CPNI Good Practice, SANS 20 Critical Controls and NERC CIP
• An understanding of electrical standards and design such as LV motor control and control circuits, and the ability to understand electrical drawings.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Pragmatic, approachable, problem solver.
• Team player
• Keen learner with a desire to broaden own skillset
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a technical setting.
• Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
• Available for occasional temporary requirements to work away from home, both in the UK and overseas as project/client requirements dictate.
Why work for Atkins?
Today we’re a core part of SNC-Lavalin, and we’re offering employees all the benefits you’d expect from a strong global company with enhanced scale, capabilities expertise and more. You will be in a trusted, supported position, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience and learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins recognises the importance of helping its employees manage their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with parental and other caring responsibilities. For full details of our flexible working scheme and benefits package, please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.