- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CENTRAL LONDON
Corporate Communications Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Fixed Term Contract circa 12 months
Circa £40K - £50K dependent on experience
Full time 37.5 hours
We’re a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
We have exciting plans at Bupa. Be part of them. We have fabulous roles right across our business, globally and in the UK. Our Corporate Affairs team’s passion and expertise helps us deliver our purpose – to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for leading on communications to support Bupa Dental Care, our first-class dental business.
You’ll play an active part within the Bupa UK press team with both proactive and reactive communication responsibilities, supporting the wider press team with developing proactive consumer and corporate PR campaigns.
You’ll draft communications materials and internal briefing notes and provide research and evaluation to proactively build our dental story. You’ll feel confident working on complex issues, think creatively and juggle multiple and conflicting priorities.
You’ll cover the reactive press office, handle media issues as they arise, take part in a rota for daily media monitoring and out-of-hours on-call duties, including preparation of daily media briefing
You’ll have exposure to the Bupa UK’s executive and leadership team, so the confidence to work with senior level stakeholders is a must.
What’s a typical day?
- Busy, challenging, rewarding and exciting!
- Make sure corporate and consumer PR campaigns and their results reflect business priorities, objectives and messages.
- Confidently handle reactive media enquiries in traditional and social media in a timely and effective manner.
- Support and advise the business about the risks and potential outcomes associated with specific enquiries and recommend courses of mitigating action.
- Actively participate in ensuring the smooth running of the press office function and team.
- Produce and align high quality written materials, including written statements, Q&As, briefings, press releases in accordance with Bupa’s business objectives to pressing deadlines
- Liaise with senior Bupa colleagues to align media statements.
- Maintain accurate records of signed-off statements.
- Build and maintain relationships with all levels of management within Bupa UK and the wider Corporate Affairs function, making sure senior executive are media trained and fully briefed before any media interview.
- Build relationships with key media on behalf of Bupa to strengthen understanding of our business, generate goodwill and minimise negativity.
- Support the team in delivering Bupa UK’s digital corporate communications activity, including helping to develop integrated communications campaigns across digital channels such as Bupa.co.uk, Twitter, LinkedIn and online social/digital media
Who we’re looking for
- A passionate, enthusiastic, analytical, solution-minded fast learner!
- Experience in corporate, trade, consumer and regional PR, skilled at planning and implementing effective PR campaigns.
- Experienced in digital and social media communications and campaign activity.
- Able to create high quality written material, translation of content for use across multiple channels - traditional PR materials, blogs, communities, intranets etc.
- Able to produce excellent quality work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Experience in a reactive press office, ideally for major corporate brands, handling national, regional and specialist media enquiries.
- Confidence in handling hostile media enquiries and dealing with crisis communications.
- Highly creative and energetic, with a flexible approach
- An effective and reliable team player, with a keen eye for detail and strong project and time management skills.
- Analytical skills to identify a range of solutions/options for any given issue
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you've been. This is where you're going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Full timeJob Posting End Date
- ms project
- social media
About the company
Bupa is an international healthcare group, with its origins and headquarters in the United Kingdom but now serving 32 million customers in 190 countries. It is a private healthcare for-profit company limited by guarantee, unlike the UK's National Health Service (NHS), which is a tax-funded healthcare system.