- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £23,909.00 - £27,372.00 gross per year
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Permanent, Full Time
Starting Salary would be £23,909 with the maximum salary on this scale being £27,372 subject to future COPFS pay awards.
Location neutral – this post may be available to do within any of our offices across Scotland with occasional travel to the Edinburgh office.
We offer an excellent range of benefits which include:
- 25 days paid holiday + 11.5 public and privilege holidays (rising to 30 days paid holiday after 4 years).
- Flexible working hours (around core time period).
- Civil Service pension with employer contributions.
- Family friendly benefits.
The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service are responsible for the investigation and prosecution of all crime in Scotland; the investigation of deaths which require further explanation; and the investigation of complaints against the police.
ABOUT THE ROLE
General Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- Support the Corporate Communications team in the delivery of effective internal and corporate communications.
Role Specific Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- Recommend and implement changes to the structure, layout and content of the intranet and external website
- Act as the first point of contact for internal communication enquiries and requests for advice and work with staff to ensure communications best practice is followed
- Measure and report intranet and website analytics – and use these to improve future communications
- Draft engaging content for internal and external updates – ensuring content meets overall objectives of communications strategy
- Support and deliver projects to improve the corporate intranet and website including engaging with users and making recommendations
- Manage and advise group of delegated publishers to ensure self-generated content meets organisational objectives for internal communications and ensure high standards of communication
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
The above competencies form the key essential criteria for this post.
The post holder is also expected to have:
- Experience and understanding of website content management systems and web analytics
- Experience of writing for the web using brand tone of voice
- Internal or external campaigns delivery experience
- Experience of managing a mailbox and responding to queries
- Good working knowledge and understanding of internal communications techniques.
If you have any queries please email Recruitment.
Application packs are available to download from our website.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Selection will be competency based.
Closing date for these vacancies is: 2nd August 2019 at 5pm.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note that COPFS has exemptions from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
COPFS must also adhere to strict Civil Service and Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standards regarding nationality, identity and history verification rules.