- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Corporate Finance - Infrastructure I&G Manager - LondonRole can be based in London, Leeds, Edinburgh or Belfast
About the Team The Infrastructure & Government (I&G) Corporate Finance Team provides market leading advice to clients in the infrastructure market, both in the UK and internationally. Our team works across the lifecycle of an infrastructure project, from initial business case through any procurement process to advising on transactions in the secondary market.
Our work is broad. You could be advising on the financing of major new transport projects, the development of a new regulatory regime or an acquisition or disposal of an infrastructure asset.
We work with a diverse range of clients within the infrastructure and government market including public and private sector organisations, ranging from corporate entities and infrastructure funds through to government departments. Our team offers clients a wide range of products including; project finance, regulated infrastructure, infrastructure M&A, new energy, real assets and valuations.
Due to the continued success of the team and the confirmed pipeline of work over the next 18 months, we are now seeking to recruit a Manager to join our market-leading team.
About the role The role of Manager within our Corporate Finance I&G team provides an exceptional opportunity to move into a successful and growing business that is at the forefront of new infrastructure markets. You'll be working as part of a national team and will receive skills-based, industry specific training from subject matter experts.
As a Manager within our team you'll gain experience working across a range of sectors and different products, be responsible for coaching and developing more junior team members and input into the team's business development activities. You will have responsibility for managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis and access to a network of support to further your development.
The day to day role of a Manager within Corporate Finance I&G team could involve
- Undertaking financial and commercial analysis to provide advice to clients including
- Financial and commercial bid preparation and evaluation
- Risk transfer and payment structures of projects
- Financial modelling
- Project option appraisal
- Procurement advice and support
- Project due diligence and feasibility analysis
- Business case development
- Undertaking contract negotiations with, and on behalf of, clients
- Involvement in business development initiatives, including identification of new opportunities, producing content for proposals and undertaking research into clients, projects, products and industries.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external networks
- Managing client relationships and projects
- Coaching more junior members of the team
Projects can be based across the UK and occasionally have an international focus to the work, which will require a willingness to work flexibly and independently across the UK and further afield.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge, interest and experience of the infrastructure and government marketplace
- Intellectual curiosity with an appetite to learn new skills and markets
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to think laterally and utilise new technology
- Ability to grasp complex commercial issues quickly
- Excellent client-facing communication skills and history of significant client exposure (internal within your organisation or external)
- High ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to also see the big picture
- Good commercial judgement and independence of mind
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Enthusiasm for participating in marketing and business development
- Experience of financial modelling (either developing or reviewing)
- Experience within an infrastructure, government, project finance or commercial finance role
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity