- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Corporate Tax Compliance ManagerJob Description Summary:
Here. You can make it work for you. We are looking for a Corporation Tax Compliance Assistant Manager or Managers to join our Central Region CTC team. We are open to applications from individuals wishing to work part-time or full time, as well as those who would like to explore home working options. The successful applicant can be based at any of our Central Region offices (Leicester, Norwich, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Northampton or Chelmsford).
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. We've created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around shared enterprise.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
UK domestic and international corporate tax has changed rapidly over the past few years. Our team are here to help businesses of every size grow in this complex tax environment. Our corporation tax compliance specialists support small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates and listed entities to manage their corporation tax compliance obligations.
The Corporate Tax Compliance Manager plays a central role within the Central Region Corporate Tax Compliance department, here within Grant Thornton UK LLP.
- you'll review detailed/complex tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensuring the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
- you'll be actively involved in managing client relationships and communicating directly with clients regarding tax compliance matters by telephone or in person as appropriate
- you'll manage your own client portfolio to agreed service standards
- you'll manage juniors; inspiring and coaching them through their progression.
- you'll build a good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations and achieving high levels of client service.
You'll demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to undertake the processing of detailed and complex tax returns and review of simple and straightforward tax returns within agreed service standards, while assisting with the coaching and development of junior team members.
Who We're Looking For
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
You'll role model our CLEARR values.
Education, Experience And Qualifications
- you'll be professionally qualified (ACA or CTA)
- you'll have current solid corporate tax knowledge and experience
- you'll have experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised tax compliance software (Alphatax is used by the team)
- you'll be a strong communicator, as well as written and verbal