- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £33,000.00 - £36,000.00 gross per year
£32,000 - £36,000
A leading pharmaceutical company based on Cambridge Science Park, are looking to recruit a Cost Accountant for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
You will work help the Finance Team to maintain and develop a high quality service to the wider business providing high quality data to enable the management team to make operational and strategic supply chain decisions.
- Co-ordinate and collate sales and cost of sales budgets.
- Reconciliation and analysis of actual to budget for sales, cost of sales and margin reporting.
- Complete Management Revision schedules for sales and cost of sales.
- Complete year-end schedules as specified and deliver on the year-end requirements per the timetable including sales and cost of sales schedules.
- Complete quarterly US GAAP schedules as required.
- Review and maintenance of average actual cost data.
- Provide information required by the parent company to enable calculation of selling prices.
- Calculate freight costs at pack level and provide to parent company for inclusion in the selling price calculation.
- Collate selling price, coordinate approval of and upload onto the fiancé system including confirming prices have been maintained correctly on the system.
- Coordinate the bi-annual selling price setting.
- Coordinate the year end price adjustment.
- Inventory reconciliations, including reconciliation to inventory listings from offsite processing locations in preparation for the Year End audit.
- Analysis of inventory ‘default’ accounts and follow up on any process/set up issues.
- Analysis and reporting of monthly invoice prices variances (IPV), and calculation of the Year End IPV provision.
- Analysis of batch variances.
- Work on projects including those which are driven by system changes including upgrades.
- Understand the ERP system processes and GL postings.
- Work to ensure systems and processes work effectively, where necessary implement improvements, and issues are resolved.
- Maintain ‘complaints’ review process with the Quality team to establish outstanding credit notes.
- Oversee reconciliations of accrued accounts payable (AAP).
- Oversee the processing inventory transactions into the financial records, accurately in a timely manner.
- Part-Qualified or QBE Accountant.
- ERP Systems Experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Process development experience.
f you are interested in this role then please apply now or contact Nick Heap at Reed Accountancy on .
- microsoft excel