- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Company &Culture
For more than 28years our adventurous spirit has driven us to do things better and drive changethrough our industry. We have helped shape cities around the world. Mace is nowa £2.35bn company, operating in 21 sectorsfromfive global hubs acrossconsultancy and construction, inspiring each other and our clients to innovate.We champion people, whether as individuals orteams. Our people constantly strive for better and always go that extra mile,inspiring each other and clients to innovate. We challenge convention, apply acan do attitude and are committed to quality and service excellence.
Our Values We have four simplevalues that guide our behaviour and culture of innovation. Our values permeatethrough everything we do, including our relationships with our clients, ourpartners, our suppliers and the communities where we work.
- Safety first – going home safe and well
- Client focus – deliver on our promises
- Create opportunity – for our people to excel
- Integrity – always doing the right thing Therole - Cost Consultant
Takingresponsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large andcomplex commissions with in the residential sector. To ensure that clientobjectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost managementservice.
Some of yourresponsibilities will include:
- Conductingfeasibility studies and benchmarking
- Applyingthe value management techniques at the outset of a project.
- Managing,estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of andpresenting the final cost plan.
- Managingthe procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification,enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performedeffectively.
- Ensuringthat post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managedeffectively.
- Ensuringthat cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively.
- Ensuringthe production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to theclient.
- Ensuringthat final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Beinga key interface with client and other consultants at all project stages.
- Marketingand business development duties including being mindful of the need to supportthe consultancy team in promoting Mace in the region.
- knowledgeof the standard form of industry contracts.
- Assisting in the development of new business opportunities with existingand new clients. Yourknowledge, experience and skills need to include:
- Previousexperience in a cost consultancy practice with knowledge of working in theresidential sector.
- Costplanning, budgeting and estimating experience.
- Soundknowledge of the typical industry contract forms and procurement routes
- Highlynumerate, accurate and focused on detail.
- Strongunderstanding of industry best practice.
- Abilityto build excellent relationships with clients, design teams and stakeholders.
- ms project