- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30.00 - £40.00 gross per hour
A Cost Engineer is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Do you have a background in Cost Management? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the role for you!
- Form high level cost estimates using existing knowledge coupled with information derived from 2D drawings, 3D Solid model, material specifications, technical specifications, material type, part samples, component assessment forms (CAF's), process knowledge and supplier data.
- Use the above to develop detailed component 'Should Cost' models from bottom up. Models are generated using dedicated software to process data, including: - manufacturing process, machine data, labour rates, commercial data, scrap rates etc
- Identify cost reduction opportunities after reviewing the incumbent suppliers operational process Vs 'Cost model' results
- Work with project team to derive a targeted negotiation strategy based on Cost model data
- Provide technical support to buyers during supplier negotiations
- Undertake price change assessments prior to sign off to ensure value for money
- Manage VA/VE (Value Added / Value Engineering) events and process optimisation workshops to identify cost reduction opportunities for delivery
- Work with Design Engineering as a consultant to develop cost effective solutions
- Initiating Action and Leadership
- Effective Communication skills - Written and Oral
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Focus on Quality and continuous improvement
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in material cost management with a strong foundation in a range of manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and commercial cost drivers
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- The ability to demonstrate cross functional team work
- Analysing and interpreting numerical data and reaching sound judgments and recommendations
- Driving License as travel will be required
- Proficient in Microsoft packages.
- Educated to a degree level or relevant work experience
- Good product knowledge
- Strong ' working' knowledge of Excel
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- ms project