- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Counterparty Control AVP - 90224702
Posting Range:6 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Counterparty Credit Risk Control Lead, AVP
We are growing in Glasgow, investing in our teams and building out functions to allow us to remain resilient and forward thinking in an ever changing regulatory landscape. Our risk teams protect our financial performance and reputation, tackling issues from economic conditions to financial crime. In joining our team of existing analysts you will assume responsibility for leading and supporting analyst’s in delivering daily tasks with a high control focus and resolving data quality issues impacting credit risk exposure outputs.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for ensuring that the team deliverables are of the impeccable standard expected
• Ensure individuals in the team are meeting their SLAs, delivered products are of a high quality and that resources are allocated optimally
• Be comfortable explaining team performance as they will risk trends
• Represent the team as an AVP at relevant RIS forums and ensuring that both issues and achievements are shared with the management team and escalated where necessary
• Identify and implement improvements to the control and reporting environments, documenting issues and proposing resolutions
• Support the delivery of new control and reporting requirements under various initiatives, whether Regulatory, Audit or Risk Models driven.
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to demonstrate a strong leadership capability through the work you have done in the past and show that you are able to motivate and inspire those around you
• Good knowledge on Counterparty Risk metrics and mitigants such as PFE, EEPE, CSAs
• Ability to build wide and strong networks with key stakeholders and beyond
• Perform under pressure and be able to work independently and with minimum guidance.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant postgraduate qualification/professional qualifications in a quantitative, Finance or related subject
• A working knowledge of or desire to learn VBA & SQL is preferable.
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in the Aurora Building, 1 of our 3 modern City Centre locations until our exciting new campus location overlooking the River Clyde at Buchanan Wharf is opened in 2020. Aurora is close to the main stations, other transport links and also benefits from an onsite canteen.
Our culture offers Dynamic Working which brings mutual advantages, both to your lifestyle and to Barclays. Whether it’s a change of working hours, fewer hours, remote working or relocation, there are many options you can explore once you commence your Barclays career.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.