- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Counterparty Credit Risk (VP) - 90218075
Posting Range:23 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Counterparty Credit Risk (VP)
We are looking for a risk manager to help drive our risk analysis, review and challenge agenda for Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) and ESHLA portfolios. As an experienced risk professional the candidate should be able to work both independently and as part of a team to provide expert analysis and commentary on the bank’s counterparty risk profile. In addition, the successful candidate will liaise with Treasury to understand the risk on derivative and financing transactions and to manage CCR risk appetite, supporting senior leadership in all CCR related activities including regular and ad-hoc Committees representing CCR portfolio risk, setting up BUK CCR monitoring requirements and overseeing the risk profile in order to recommend CCR risk strategy.
What will you be doing?
• Portfolio risk management of Counterparty Credit Risk and ESHLA for Barclays UK
• Support senior leadership in all BUK CCR and BUK ESHLA risk portfolio related activities.
• Lead engagement with Treasury from a portfolio risk perspective on any new product, new transaction and portfolio risk profile conversations. Challenge first line where required and ensure first line is in compliance with Policies and with Ring-Fencing regulations.
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis of CCR and ESHLA
• Development and improvement of management information, including monthly reporting at senior Risk Committees
• Set up and where required operate appropriate controls to manage BUK CCR and ESHLA risk exposure.
• Oversee risk related activities performed by the Service team or by the first line (Treasury) including trade and portfolio stress testing, setting of risk appetite and day to day management of the book.
• Support senior leadership within areas requiring CCR and ESHLA portfolio risk input including but not limited to ICAAP, ILAAP, RWA and IFRS9 calculations, limit breaches, Maximum Exposure Groupings
What we’re looking for:
• Degree in Finance, Engineering or related field
• Experienced credit risk portfolio manager with understanding of the credit risk lifecycle within Business Banking or Corporate portfolios at a top tier institution.
• Excellent technical skills applicable to Counterparty Credit Risk. Candidate expected to have first-hand experience working on CCR.
• Good understanding of derivatives and securities financing products, risk metrics, modelling paradigms.
• Experience in Regulatory Capital requirements and awareness of credit policies linked to CCR
• Front office or risk management experience.
• Ability to quickly comprehend and apply often complex concepts/requirements and translate into risk mitigation strategies.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Masters Degree
• Related post graduate study (e.g. FRM, CFA, CQF)
• SAS, SQL, VBA, Python
• Passion for data driven and conceptual analysis and how this contributes in a commercial context.
• Possess a keen interest in the macroeconomic health of the UK economy and potential impact on CCR.
• A range of interpersonal skills including problem-solving, innovation, determination and teamwork
Where will you be working?
The role is based from One Churchill Place. The global headquarters of Barclays based in Canary Wharf. The offices are close to excellent transport links and a wide range of local amenities.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.