- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £700.00 - £900.00 gross per year
Oxford Summer Courses was founded by a network of Oxford alumni who were determined to share the magic of the university and the city with the wider world.
Since 2010, we have expanded around the world, and are one of the fastest growing education companies in the UK and Europe.
About the role
As a Course Director you are responsible for overseeing the successful and smooth delivery of our residential courses for international students.
You will manage a site, usually a university college or a boarding school, at which courses are taking place.
This incorporates liaising with the college, leading a team of Oxford Summer Courses staff, managing a budget and an inventory of kit and supplies, and ensuring the effective and enthusiastic delivery of a social and cultural programme.
You will take a leading role in student discipline, welfare, and safeguarding.
You will work with the head office academic team to support students in their studies and to coordinate logistics behind the delivery of the academic programme.
- Managing and leading a cohort of cohesive staff to ensure staff and students' experience is a positive and memorable one.
Keeping updated and in the loop with your staff is key, via a daily meeting
- Overseeing the running of all non-academic aspects of the course acting as a lead for student welfare and discipline
- Ensuring effective delivery of the courses social and cultural programme
- Managing day-to-day relations with the conference and events staff on-site
- Managing and dealing with relations and communications with parents and guardians of the students under your care
- Managing/delegating the generation of marketing material in coordination with the Oxford Summer Courses marketing interns
- Acting as a decision maker in emergencies
- Extensive experience working with young people/children in a residential setting
- Staff leadership and management experience including effective delegation
- Budget management experience
- Fast learner with attention to detail
- Experience working in education for a summer school/boarding school or similar
- Experience of health and safety, child safeguarding and emergency protocols
- Good IT skills, with experience working with Google Drive
- Mature and resilient
- Organised and decisive
- Pay: £700-900, dependent on experience and size of site.
There is the potential for up to 10% performance related bonus.
- Location: Oxford, Cambridge, London, High Wycombe, Cheltenham, Singapore, and India
- This is a residential role
- Full time/fixed-term contract
- The successful completion of training and pre-employment administration is an essential prerequisite to your employment with us.
- Training date options will be provided to successful applicants.
Training time is compensated
- All employee hours of work will conform to National Minimum Wage and Working Hours Directive regulations.
- Priority will be given to suitable candidates who can work for multiple courses
- Training and professional development
- Accommodation for residential appointments (full board in some cases)
- Meals when duties require it
Please note that Oxford Summer Courses has robust safeguarding policies.
References are requested and will be scrutinised.
Where appropriate, they will be validated with the providing referee.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted and that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Oxford Summer Courses is committed to safeguarding and protecting children.
We check references and undertake enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks to ensure all our staff are suitable to work with children.