- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY, UK
The Commodity Finance (“CF”) Team primarily provides working capital solutions to commodity traders and commodity corporates based in EMEA (producers, processors, marketers, distributors, etc), to meet their financing needs in all phases of commodity trading activities. CF is relationship management for Independent Commodity Traders and for some Commodity Corporates. CF is the product partner for RM offices of most Commodity Corporates.
Main purpose of the role:
- Provide credit analysis and monitor risks/deadlines to support the credit process and transaction execution;
- Support Relationship Managers to enable the effective development, execution and management of customer relationships;
- Support Head of Portfolio Management to enhance the credit process, contribute to strategic initiatives as well as provide support to the overall portfolio management.
- Manage a portfolio of credit accounts, which require supporting Relationship Managers; performing credit-related due diligence; identify, quantify risk drivers and propose mitigants in structured and vanilla transactions; transaction execution; monitor deadlines; and, review and execute facility documentation;
- Prepare credit applications (renewals, new facilities, amendments & waivers) and internal borrower ratings providing approval recommendations;
- Assist Relationship Managers in their review and execution of Facility and Security documentation to ensure that commercial and legal aspects meet MUFG standards
- Conduct data manipulation and analysis, including running financial scenarios, to enable interpretation of figures, patterns and trends to provide relationship managers with information to support decision making
- Conduct research from a range of generalised and specialist sources, extracting relevant information and summarising data to inform decision making at more senior levels
- Contribute to the development, adaptation and application of policy & procedures to ensure a compliant and rigorous approach to the management of any risk which can negatively affect the portfolio
- Liaise with internal counterparts throughout MUFG and with external counterparts to gather relevant information to support decision making and planning
- Collaborate with internal counterparts to develop compromise solutions, for challenging credit cases
- Understand the business, regulatory and risk framework, working with the business to assist its growth while ensuring compliance with internal policies and risk appetite;
- Support the Head of Portfolio Management to enhance the credit process, contribute to strategic initiatives as well as support the overall portfolio management;
- Develop and guide associates, graduate and interns to expand their credit skillset and profile.
- Good corporate credit analysis and research skills (including stress test and modelling) ideally gained in a banking environment (at least 5 years minimum)
- Experience in a Credit Sanctioning Departments
- A background in natural resources finance
Skills and experience:
- Specialist knowledge and extensive experience in credit analysis
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills based on relevant credit systems and models
- Interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills – both oral and written;
- Computer literacy, including core Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Specialised in energy, metals or agri commodities
- Degree level educated (ideally to Masters level)
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- Team oriented, flexible, diligent, and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures / personal styles.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.