- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Credit Risk AnalystWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
Main function of the job:
EMEA Credit Risk is responsible for the oversight and supervision of credit risk in the EMEA Region to ensure that the Bank meets all its regulatory risk management responsibilities. As owners of the regional credit risk framework, EMEA Credit Risk is responsible for regional and legal entity credit risk reporting including calculation of Expected Credit Losses in accordance with IFRS 9
The role holder will ideally have an appreciation of Credit Risk with the ability to partner with a variety of Wells Fargo lines of business and support functions. The role holder will collaborate with lines of business to evaluate, assess, monitor and report credit risk exposure and will support the Credit Risk Manager in the exercise of their wider oversight responsibilities.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- Identify, evaluate, monitor and report on all credit risk in the region, working with Wholesale Credit Analytics to continually seek to improve credit risk presentations to senior management.
- Support EMEA Regional Credit Risk Manager in carrying out regional credit risk duties and other ad hoc tasks.
- Review, assess and monitor regional credit risk policies and procedures so to ensure that they are fit for region, and escalate as appropriate any issues that may impact these policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintain close ties with Business Units to inform the credit risk reporting and to ensure informal escalation channels in place to identify emerging business risks that potentially impact the Bank's credit risk profile.
- Apply subject matter knowledge to serve as an authority and credible challenge to corporate and/or line of business management regarding credit performance, potential or emerging risks, and business conformity with risk appetite and credit policies.
- Develop proficiency with various risk management systems including but not limited to Loan IQ.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Strong academic background and degree or similar qualification.
- Comprehensive IT skill set including Advance Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of management and interpersonal styles.
- An appreciation of Credit Risk, and an enthusiasm to develop a career in this risk specialism.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships across the company at all levels (persuasive, good listener and assimilator of ideas and perspectives).
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, an ability to lead/manage and prioritize multiple initiatives at the same time and good time management skills
- Strong presentation skills with considerable experience delivering presentations and tailoring information to suit the appropriate audience
- Adaptable and able to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Strong motivation with appetite for continuous improvement of Credit Risk processes. Engage, influence and lead by example.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.