- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Service is currently used by Business Teams and Stakeholder Managers across the Met Office. The Team's purpose is to manage the CRM Service and its associated integrated systems and provide a complete Support and Information Service to all users and stakeholders.
The CRM Service was upgraded last year from a legacy system to cloud-based Software-as-a-Service. Third line support for the Service is provided by an external partner, but all other Support and Maintenance is currently provided by the CRM Team.
We now require a CRM Practitioner who can provide deeper technology support as the user-base extends more corporately.
Although the role requirements are for the support and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics 365, we are looking for someone with a technical background that can adapt their knowledge of systems and data and become an expert within a short period of time.
This job involves the provision of first line support, training, reporting, development and testing for Dynamics 365 and its integrated services. It involves a face to face presence within the Business Teams and requires a patient, understanding and helpful nature.
The jobholder will provide and promote continued better-ways-of-working, drive improvements and lead on upgrades to the service and it's integrated systems.
The job includes the need to train, advise and support all users on functionality and best practice so that effective management information can be captured, managed and delivered to support the business and decision makers.
The job also involves the creation and management of Dashboarding and Reporting of data from the CRM and related systems plus some light-touch Dynamics 365 development work.
The role should ensure their work helps underpin the Strategies of all Stakeholders, Teams and the Met Office.
- 1. Provide first line support and training to system users so they can use the Service functionality effectively and exploit the Service's full potential. Defer to and communicate incidents with external support provider or Met Office internal support (TIS). Ensure that User and Administrative documentation is accurately maintained and accessible.
- 2. To participate in the delivery of CRM strategy and align business needs to implement system modifications to improve working practices and drive business change. Involves understanding and applying supported teams’ business processes.
- 3. Manage the interface between Dynamics 365 and supporting information sources e.g. E-fin, Outlook, Documents CorePack to ensure that the integrity of data is maintained.
- 4. Collate and analyse requirements from multiple stakeholders to deliver (and maintain) useful and timely Management ‘Dashboards & Reports’ to support business decisions.
- 5. Manage held data to comply with legislation (i.e.: GDPR) and relevant professional standards utilising the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) to assess privacy risks to individuals in the use, sharing and disclosure of information. Including Data Retention, Data Review/Cleansing and Access Control Management.
- 6. Light development of CRM Service (within Change Management best practice) i.e.: adding fields, maintenance of data in drop downs, document and email template management. Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Demonstrable skills in database and document management systems with the ability to analyse, adapt and provide reports to meet business requirements.
2. Experience in IT-related problem solving and first line system user support; ability to deal confidently with system related problems that colleagues may be experiencing and have a flexible, solutions and customer-focussed approach.
3. Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in MS Office applications (predominately PowerBI, Word, Excel, Outlook)
4. Demonstrate clarity through good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to liaise with colleagues and suppliers at all levels and communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
5. Proven ability of working in a team and with a united attitude. Demonstrable evidence of willingness to take on tasks and projects that may not be specific to the role but that are in support of business objectives.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge, understanding and user experience of Dynamics 365.
2. Experience in using Power BI and Reporting software.
3. Understanding of the Data Protection Act 1988 and GDPR 2018
4. A good understanding of the Met Office, and the Sales Order Process
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirablecriteria.
Key Dates: Closing date14/01/2020with interviews expectedW/C 04/02/2020. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Should you be offered an interview, please be awarethere may bea selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. If you require any reasonable adjustments during these exercises, please include this information in your application.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
For operational reasons this post will be based in Exeter.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate, you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Please note that successful candidate/s will be required to satisfactorily undergo security clearance checks. This will generally require the candidate to have lived in the UK for at least three out of the last five years, but applicants not meetingthiscriteriamay be considered.
We are a “Disability Confident” employer, Mindful Employer, with an Athena Swan Bronze award for our work on gender equality and anLGBTinetwork.