- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It`s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
giffgaff is a fast growing mobile network. Our business model is unique - we take a highly collaborative approach with our members who help (and are rewarded for helping) across all areas of the business. Our vibrant online community, online platform and immense value proposition are key to our success. We do not have a retail footprint or expensive call centres, so we can pass these savings straight on to our members in a way that no other telecoms business does.
As a lean organisation, our team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible - if that sounds you like you we`d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a passionate Product Owner to be at the heart of one of our product teams to deliver innovative propositions for giffgaff, enabling business growth to be maintained.
You will be a clear thinker with vision, passion, energy, attention to detail, and a drive to learn and improve yourself and others. Collaborative and agile, clear in communication and honest, you will be a team player capable of working across a business that is on the path to true agility.
As giffgaff’s Product Owner, you will be an integral part of our business, working closely not only with the rest of the product team but also with key stakeholders such as Marketing, Data Science, Business Intelligence and other areas of the business to make your product the best it could possibly be.
What part will you play in this?
- Shape the product vision and deliver key initiatives to increase giffgaff’s Net Promoter Score
- Be the voice of giffgaff’s members and build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to effectively represent their needs
- Immerse yourself in insights and learning from competitor analysis, user research and qualitative member feedback and quantitative data to inform new ideas and optimisation
- Explore and champion new ideas, assess project results and celebrate success
- Lead the “CRM” product team to develop contextual personalisation capabilities across all our channels and website to deliver iconic experiences for our members.
- Lead the “CRM” product team to develop a rock-solid CRM platform that enables us to scale our base communications in line with our growth and ambition.
- Operate through an agile mindset: give guidance and present challenges, trusting and allowing the team to determine how to deliver what you require
- Contribute to the broader culture of giffgaff by promoting an agile mindset based on test and learn approach
What we're looking for:
This role requires the experience and mindset of an experienced Product Owner who has a collaborative attitude and agile mindset, together with the skills required to motivate, mentor and guide other team members and stakeholders.
To fulfil this role, you will need:
- Proven experience as a Product Owner, working day to day as part of the Product team
- A thorough understanding of agile principles and experience with different methodologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams – including UX, visual designers, developers, data architects, QA, analysts and marketers
- Comfortable with technical conversations – initiating and understanding them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Confident working with ambiguity
- Passionate about solving problems for our members
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining giffgaff will give you the freedom to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. Take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.