- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £21,541.00 - £24,146.00 gross per year
Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
We are recruiting for a focused and efficient Administrator to join our Curriculum Team in Guildford. You will be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support to the members of the team with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The role will include the management of administrative tasks with conflicting priorities and we are looking for a candidate who is able to work to strict deadlines.
You will be:
• managing conflicting work activities
• preparing and maintaining materials including policy and process documents, working instructions, briefing notes, papers, presentations, organisation chart etc. to a high standard
• booking meetings, rooms, VCs, accommodation and travel
• taking meeting notes and preparing agendas and other papers for meetings
• maintaining and coordinating central plans, schedules, records and databases
• tracking and summarising progress of deliverables at a team level
• dealing with incoming telephone queries and liaise with team members to provide answers and assistance
• developing an understanding of the team’s cycle of work to assist in specific areas.
Key experience / expertise sought:
• excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• working in a busy office environment or equivalent
• strong administrative experience
• delivering to multiple deadlines
• working under pressure to deliver high quality outcomes.
We are an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in UK schools and colleges. We set and mark papers for more than half of all GCSEs and A-levels, and in 2018 we awarded more than three million of these qualifications. Born out of five leading universities, we have over a century of qualifications expertise. Today, we employ more than 800 people and work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, who help set and mark our exams.
At AQA we recognise our employees’ contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
• a competitive salary
• standard 35-hour working week
• 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
• excellent contributory pension scheme
• an enhanced maternity/paternity
No agencies, thank you.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter including your current and expected salary as one document via our website. Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday 24 July 2019. However, applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our adverts sooner.
- Organisational Skills
- Telephone Manner
- Working Team