- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,000.00 - £21,000.00 gross per year
- BRISTOL AVON
This role needs someone who is passionate & positive, keen to make a difference & contribute to continuous improvement of processes & results. Attention to detail is key, as this role is critical to the successful management of debtors ledgers & ensuring that the integrity of the financial accounts is maintained.
The role reports to the Assistant Finance Manager, working closely with customer service, operational & finance teams, requiring excellent technical & communication skills.
My client is a successful, rapidly expanding Bristol based property business, with interest nationwide as well as across Europe.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Assisting with the posting of receipts received into the bank, cross checking with remittance advices to ensure that payments are allocated correctly.
- Producing accurate sales ledger statements to be sent to clients weekly & monthly.
- Going through accounts which appear on the aged debtor report to ensure that balances are cleared and/or followed up on a weekly basis.
- Monitor amendments to ensure corrections and errors are discovered and rectified in a timely manner
- Invoice and payment corrections - on receipt of request, coach and amend bookings with incorrect financial details and create new invoices to reflect the correct booking values, as well as log errors made for monitoring
- Amendment Audit - Complete an audit of the previous days booking amendments to identify any financial errors at the front end of the booking process, highlight these to the respective colleagues and provide coaching to resolve error
- Outstanding Balances - using system reports, identify any bookings with outstanding balances and communicate these to relevant teams, assisting in their resolution.
- Missing Transactions - run daily report, checking for bookings with missing transaction plans and contact the relevant person to resolve
- Control and audit reports that create a quality culture. Including but not restricted to;
- Purchase Order Audit - run a monthly report on bookings which are missing a purchase order number, contacting the relevant team manager to resolve
- Partner Exchange Rate - run a monthly report on bookings billed on credit, identifying any which require adjustment following exchange rate changes, contacting the relevant team member to resolve
- Partner Commission - run a weekly report on bookings identifying any showing at a loss, contact the relevant person to resolve
- Provide feedback to Quality Training Manager and Line Managers via error logging, to ensure that recurring issues are passed on, and allow individuals to improve their skill levels
- Coach users on how to process financial adjustment requests in order to create and send invoices for any cancellations, or post check out payments/refunds in relation to Secure Trading payments.
- Ensure that the system is accurate, and that any discrepancies are corrected quickly
- Channel Invoices - using systems to identify any bookings which require invoices to be raised and paid
- Staged Payments - run daily reports for Staged Payment bookings and ensure invoices are sent out on schedule
The successful candidate for the role will ideally be experienced in a hospitality / retail environment, or may have worked in a hotel or front desk type of environment. If you have that kind of experience, alongside some kind of financial qualification (either gained or currently studying towards), such as an Accounting & Finance or Economics degree, or AAT, you may well be perfectly suited to the role.
In return, my client can offer a fixed term contract of between 6 & 9 months in length, with a view to being taken on permanently either in this, or another role within the finance team, subject to your success in this role.
With regard to salary, this will be in the region of £20,000, depending on your level of qualification and relevant experience.
- customer service