- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22,000.00 - £30,000.00 gross per year
GREENSTEEL - Come and be a part of our vision for a brighter future for the UK steel industry. Our mission is to transform steel and related manufacturing into a global technology and product leader through our GREENSTEEL strategy. Integral to this plan is sustainability, which drives what we do by using renewable sources where possible to reduce our carbon footprint.
Liberty Speciality Steels, a division of Liberty Steel plays a significant part to this plan. We are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip.
Business Overview: Our Speciality Steels business produces a wide range of carbon, alloy and stainless steels for applications in the aerospace, oil & gas, industrial engineering, automotive and other high integrity engineering markets.
Customer First: The Customer Service Representative role provides the day-to-day support to the Account Manager, Team Office Manager and assists with the management of a selected portfolio of customers, providing a clear and accountable point of contact for all relations and activities and to assist in offering an unchallengeable level of service to suit the unique needs of each customer.
We are recruiting for a Customer Services Representative based within the Commercial Department, at our site in Stockbridge, Yorkshire. Reporting to the Customer Service Team Manager you will be providing commercial support to the Account Manager in the sales of products to identified customers in the respect of regular commercial and technical support activity, being responsible for first-line customer contact with up to 30 customers. In addition the you will be responsible for specification and maintenance of all tools/systems necessary to support this commercial activity. This is a maternity contract covering a 12 month period.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Vet all enquiries, orders and schedules received from customers, establish that specifications, dimensions and requested delivery are within agreed mill limits, and negotiate alternatives when necessary.
- Ensure that orders are promptly and correctly entered into the order handling systems.
- Maintain up to date information on all specifications, mill limits for the complete product range, and ensure that any changes are notified to customers, as appropriate, based on knowledge of customer usage.
- Maintain prompt handling of customers’ complaints by taking appropriate action, such as buying in from stockholders and arrange for visit of Account Manager or if necessary Advisory Engineer.
- Ensure that the pricing policy is applied and interpreted in accordance with Commercial objectives.
- Prepare and submit quotations under guidance from Account Manager.
- Provide Account Manager with up to date planning information and ensure that possible deviations from allocated tonnages and advised to customer immediately.
- Control stock levels at the mill/haulier within the agreed customer list.
- Ensure all customer information is entered into the Customer Contract log.
- Promote, maintain and improve sales potential for Speciality Steels products and ensure good customer relationships are formed and built upon.
- Deputise for the Account Manager as required/appropriate.
- We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate relevant experience/education or training that would fulfil the posts requirements.
- Steel back ground would be beneficial.
- Sufficient personal impact to establish credibility at all levels with customers and colleagues.
- Determined and self-motivated individual
- Logical and Organisational skills
- Performance management
- Positive approach to change and new procedures
- Ability to highlight and make changes
- Experience of working across multi sites and locations
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Soundly based education to 'A’ level standard or possessing a relevant business qualification.
- Customer Services
- General Administration
- Order Processing
- customer service
- order processing