- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Customer Service Advisor / Loan Underwriter
Fully FCA authorised, our client is a brand new, strongly backed financial start-up providing unsecured loans to UK customers. Now actively trading, they are seeking a number of Customer Service Advisors / Loan Underwriters to come on board and support their day-to-day lending activities and business growth.
- Salary of up to £24,000 DOE
- Profit-based bonus (annual)
- Pension scheme
- 21 days’ holiday
- Additional day off on your birthday
If you have telephone-based customer service experience and an excellent level of numeracy, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved within a brand new company as they start to shake up the lending community.
You’ll discover a fun, open environment where the focus is on business performance, communication, excellent customer service and creating an open and engaging work environment.
Working under two experienced and dedicated Directors who love nothing more than mucking in with their teams, you will find superb opportunities to develop as the company grows, and for those with ambition, there will be plenty of progression prospects.
What’s more, you’ll also be trained and supported to become an underwriter, ensuring that this role has future potential as well as opportunities right now.
As a Customer Service Advisor / Loan Underwriter, you will support customers’ loan applications through detailed fact-finding exercises to enable an informed loan-approval process.
Specifically, you will:
- Field inbound calls
- Make outbound calls
- Provide excellent service to customers, supporting them with their loan application and general queries
- Question applicants regarding their loans
- Conduct income and expenditure enquiries to ensure the loan is affordable
- Undertake credit searches and validate bank details
- Support informed lending decision-making
- Contact employers to conduct employment checks
To be considered as a Customer Service Advisor / Loan Underwriter, you will need:
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service via the telephone
- An excellent level of numeracy and GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C or higher (or equivalent)
- A great telephone manner
- Strong communication skills
Underwriting experience would be beneficial to your application, as would experience within a building society or credit card company. Experience in a collections role would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Customer Service Advisor, Trainee Underwriter, Trainee Loan Underwriter, Trainee Claims Underwriter, Customer Service Executive or Customer Care Rep.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to do something great with your career as a Customer Service Advisor / Loan Underwriter, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
- customer service