- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Customer Service Officer : 0000DUXZ
Customer Service Officer - Mortgage Associate – HSBC - £17,436 starting salary
Are you looking for a role where you can truly make a difference to our customer’s lives?
If the answer is yes, then this is the role for you. Working as part of our mortgage family you will be speaking with customers and helping them achieve their goal of a new mortgage, you will be the first point of contact for our customers to help them achieve their hopes, dreams and ambitions when it comes to house buying. There is no bigger purchase than a new home.
The great news is you do not need any previous mortgage, banking or contact centres experience, what we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers – everything else we can teach you!
Our Swansea Contact Centre offers great facilities such as such as an on-site restaurant, free parking, internet cafe and games room. We also have a dedicated team focused on creating an enjoyable working environment and organising regular social events (onsite benefits vary from site to site)
When you join our team, from day one you’ll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to £775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of up to 17% *
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays – with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- My Choice – our flexible benefits scheme
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
We’re looking for people with personality, drive and ambition, and basically people people, on a full time basis to join our inbound customer service teams.
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Officer?
- You will answer inbound calls from our customers and help them with their mortgage and banking enquiries
- Building a friendly rapport with our customers by truly listening to their needs you will support them with the products and services that are right for them
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!
- You will receive a full induction and training program designed to get you up to speed on the systems we use and the products and services we offer
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in a relevant environment i.e. front-line Customer Services.
- A proven track record of understanding your customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience of working with rules and regulations.
- Consistently achieved objectives set and taken action to improve your own performance.
This role will require you to work 35 hours per week. The department opening hours are 8.00am to 9:00pm, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 8:00pm Saturday and 9:00am to 6:00pm Sunday. You will be allocated a working pattern within these hours.
You'll start on a salary of £17,436 and since we're passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough induction programme during your first 4 weeks.
However, the training doesn’t stop there, being part of our mortgage family, if you have the drive and determination to progress we will support you and within 2 years you could be a qualified Mortgage Manager.
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our Contact Centre.
Does this sound like you? If so apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and start your journey.
*Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Telephone: +44 2078328500
: Branch and Retail Banking
: Europe-United Kingdom-Swansea-Swansea
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 08:59:58 Unposting Date
- customer service
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.