- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Jobwise are recruiting for our growing client who is one of the UK's leaders in shipping logistics, with a network spanning all over the world. They are now looking for a Shipping Administrator with an exports background to join the team. You will enjoy a salary of £23,000, 26 days holiday and free parking as some of the company benefits.
About The Role
- The timely processing of bookings and additional charges in the companys operating system to ensure customer satisfaction and to enable the Customer Service Administrators (CSAs) to raise sales invoices at the earliest opportunity.
- Helping the customer service administrators where possible to raise sales invoices at the earliest opportunity
- Creating export customs entries via INTTRA
- Preparation of customs documentation when required
- Close liaison with shipping lines to produce correct bills of lading and documentation in accordance with customer and / or letter of credit requirements and in line with customer specific agreed service levels.
- Preparation and submission of Chamber Certified / Legalised documents (where applicable).
- Identification and speedy escalation of issues impacting customer service, cash or operating performance levels.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office.
- Supporting CSAs with efficient and effective daily management of aligned customer credit control responsibilities in accordance with the credit control procedure and associated training.
- The provision of full role cover for aligned Customer Service Representatives during periods of absence. Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a forward facing shipping and exports environment
- The job holder must be a strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have excellent spelling and grammatical qualities, with a good basic geographical knowledge.
- The individual must operate with a close attention to detail approach and have a good appreciation of the importance of processes and adhering to work instructions for operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- The individual must be adaptable, proactive, have a high level of customer focus and enthusiasm. Must be able to prioritise tasks whilst working under pressure.
- Possible attendance and positive contribution to selected customer and supplier review meetings may be required. Therefore, face to face confidence required.
- Customer service experience in a chemical or logistics / forwarding environment is desirable, as is experience and knowledge of import / export shipping and associated documentation requirements.
- EDI knowledge/awareness and familiarity with INTTRA portal would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be given. About The Benefits
- Salary is £23,000
- 26 days of holiday
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5.00pm
- Free parking To Apply
If this sounds like a role you will LOVE, please send your CV
We aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 days. If you haven't been contacted within 2 days your application has been unsuccessful. Please check our Website and apply directly for any other suitable positions you see. We apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.
Are you on Facebook? Consider following our Facebook page as this is the first place where we post the most up to date vacancies, along with CV tips, interview techniques and so much more. Check us out on Facebook.
- customer service
- operating system