- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £17,399.00 - £18,850.00 gross per year
This company has been providing market-leading holidays for more than 45 years.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced 'Customer Personalisation' Assistant to join their team who will have the opportunity to work in an award winning and highly customer centric business in the heart of York's city centre.
The purpose of the role is to plan and schedule variations to a customer's holiday, ensuring a timely and accurate turn around of customer holiday variation requests.
You will deliver a first rate customer service to all potential and existing customers and ensure that all elements of the service are delivered to a high quality and on time.
You will communicate with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure the products and services of the Company are delivered at the highest standard.
Reporting to the Team Manager, some of the activities that you will be responsible for include:
- Responding to customer requests to upgrade or alter their holiday within strict turnaround times
- Maximising sales opportunities
- Communicating correct information on variations to the sales and operations teams
- Working with suppliers to ensure their response times to customers are upheld and that the requirements of the Company are met in the most cost effective manner
- Communicating with customers to ensure their needs are met in the most cost effective way
- Identifying and implementing solutions that can reduce business costs or processes which will directly improve the customer or user experience
- Maintaining excellent relationships and communication with internal departments and external suppliers, providing appropriate and accurate information in order for them to be able to provide a high level of customer service
- Working closely with other team members and departments to resolve issues or implement change throughout the business
- Loading product data on to the in-house database and systems and ensure accuracy & completeness of the data entered
- Identifying and present to line managers well considered and appropriate improvements that will prepare the business for the future
- Undertaking general administrative duties to support the administrative process of holiday enquiries/bookings/confirmations/variations
- Proven experience of working in a customer service environment and delivering to deadlines and targets
- Able to demonstrate an engaging and enthusiastic interest in travel
- Experience of working in a busy telephone environment and telephone experience
- Able to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and numeracy skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Good time management skills
- Good general knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Previous work experience in a holiday or travel environment is preferred
The role will include some occasional weekend and evening working on a rota basis during peak periods
- customer service