- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cyber Defence Analyst
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced security focussed role? Have you gained experience with common security tools and concepts?
If so, this position could be the ideal opportunity for you to develop and progress within a dedicated security team!
The Security Operations team provides a suite of operationally focused services to my client's businesses, allowing them to conduct business securely. Those services include ongoing monitoring of our assets, identification and response to identified incidents, system vulnerability analysis, remediation tracking and administration of our security related systems.
Reporting to the Tier 1 Security Operations Centre (SOC) Team Leader you will conduct analysis of security related events to include validation, escalation and reporting upon any indicators of compromise based upon the guidelines and monitoring platforms provided to them. You will be responsible for handling all such events of interest and will make sure that they are continuously monitored and reviewed.
You will have a range of responsibilities as a Cyber Defence Analyst, including:
- Responding to end user security incidents as referred by the Service Desk and other sources of information which may provide indicators of compromise
- Monitoring and analysis of security relevant logs, alerts and events handling incidents submitted via tickets or phone
- Execution of standard operating procedures in response to any security relevant logs, alerts and events
- Services monitored will include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, Vulnerability Analysis and Identity & Access Management toolsets
- Working with the Tier 2 team as part of a wider Incident Response team to help determine Root Cause Analysis for events of interest that are escalated to formal security incidents
- Providing support to the Service Desk outside of core hours, which will include Incident Management in accordance with standard Service Desk operating procedures
For more information or an informal conversation regarding this opportunity please contact Thom Taylor on or