- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client is a London based financial data management firm specialising in the distribution of Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) & INDEX data using market-leading technology. The firm captures, normalise and distribute 'near real time' global daily ETF and INDEX composition, performance and reference data across the global ETF market.
- The data analyst will work to improve both the internal and external customer experience, with the opportunity to learn in depth about the many aspects of ETFs and Indices, whilst also being involved in the client facing aspects of the work.
- Develop reporting and synthesize insights from the vast amount of data captured.
- Collaborate with key support team stakeholders to craft response and assist in the prioritization of internal development to ensure that clients are kept engaged.
- Work with the internal data to try and analyse events to create an impact analysis within the ETF/indices to forewarn clients.
- Work with the development team to enhance existing operational process
Key Accountabilities and Scope
- Be trained in all aspects of the benchmark product line that we support
- Support ongoing analysis of business performance trends and insights on drivers required to inform executive decisions daily.
- Perform deep dive analytics on high-impact topics such as corporate actions or the overall impact of queries raised to customer support.
- Design and build dashboards to report on monthly movements of flows within ETFS
- Develop new ways to measure and estimate key metrics more accurately
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to answer questions that bridge many teams, such as the impact of reference data.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with major in analytical or technical field strongly preferred.
- Experience with SQL beneficial; additional knowledge of scripting/programming language for ETL development (e.g. Ruby, Python) is a bonus but not a must.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel and the structuring of complex analyses is key
- Creative problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle and get things done.
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution. * Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering.
This is a graduate entry level role, candidates with Bachelors and or Masters degrees will be considered - graduating 2018/19
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- London, Greater London (Preferred)