- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Data Architect : 0000DWS5
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, we are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers’ banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this, we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are seeking an experienced Data Architect to join our CMB IT organization that provides banking services to corporate and commercial banking clients. CMB Data & Analytics IT is responsible for both the definition of general data management principles/best practices for the rest of CMB IT to follow and the provision of core data services for consumption by the CMB business. Current departmental projects include, among many others, Customer Data Management (CDM), document management and analytical reporting in a Big Data environment.
Key duties include:
- Providing thought-leadership to enforce data standards and realise the execution of the Group Data Architecture strategy within the region.
- Influencing and persuading all IT stakeholders to adopt the Group Data Architecture strategy within their respective designs.
- Providing technical architectural expertise, guidance and support on the implementation of the strategy within programmes and projects in data projects
- Facilitating design reviews within the project teams to govern adherence to the Group Data Architecture strategy and associated standards.
- Articulating and managing architectural risks and issues and adhering to architectural governance.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Highly experienced within Data Architecture, ideally working within a large, complex and geographically dispersed organisation (including matrix management structure and across time zones).
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the power and value of data with an ability to apply technology solutions to meet business needs and deliver organisational strategy.
- Ability to think logically and abstract the architectural patterns from the technical solutions.
- Communicating and Influencing – Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Built effective networks across business and technical areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.
- Ideally (but not essential) some experience within the Financial Services industry including industry trends, competitive pressures, product and service offerings and organisational operating models.
- Data Modelling experience would also be beneficial.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 14:24:16 Unposting Date
: 09-Dec-2019, 23:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.