- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
As our Data Centre engineer you will responsible for assisting the data centre manager in delivering our highly available services around the US and the globe. This is a wide ranging role that covers many aspects of the datacentre environment and server technology, we are looking for a high calibre individual to ensure our infrastructure and datacentre footprint continues to scale at pace and to help in the delivery of our world class technology.
You will have daily interaction with the Umbrella datacentre team, engineers, architects and managers within our operations teams as well as interactions with external vendors.
• Break/Fix of hardware and cabling issues.
• Responding to internal customer queries/tickets and problems
• Maintaining Umbrella’s server estate ensuring a 99.999% uptime.
• Keeping the data centre documentation up to date.
• Working on projects to deliver quality server and Data Centre deployments while meeting tight time scales.
• Collaborating with external vendors to achieve issue resolution.
• Evaluate technologies and technical alternatives to provide recommendations.
• Technical issue resolution working with functional or cross-functional teams.
• Asset management.
Who You'll Work With
Umbrella operates a market leading SaaS Web security service for fortune 500 companies and global SME's. The cloud security sector is a fast growing and challenging environment with leading edge technology and practices deployed in order to gain a competitive edge over our rivals.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Data Centre Engineer to help Run, develop and maintain the existing Data centre footprint and server/infrastructure deployments,
Our datacentres have been at the forefront of Cloud based SaaS delivery transforming commodity hardware into high performance, scalable platforms with very high availability which are the envy of our competitors.
Core skills/experience required:
• 3+ years technical Data Centre experience preferable.
• Ability to solve technical issues using own initiative.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion to learn new technologies and standards.
• Knowledge of core Data Centre principles.
• Problem-solving and analytical thinking.
• Must be able to collaborate within a team.
• Strong background in x86/x64 server architecture.
• Good linux trouble shooting/configuration knowledge.
• Knowledge Cisco IOS or CCNA preferable.
• Good documentation skills.
• Structured Data/Optic cabling knowledge and design.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.