- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £100.00 - £135.00 gross per hour
My client is looking to onboard a Senior Data Privacy/Data Manager within their Corproate Relations team. The overall purpose of role is to ensure that Corporate Relations is fully and continuously compliant with the policies and standards relating to Data Privacy and Data Management, and effectively utilises data to add value for our internal clients.
Overall purpose of role is to ensure that Corporate Relations is fully and continuously compliant with the policies and standards relating to Data Privacy and Data Management, and effectively utilises data to add value for our internal clients.
This role is key to delivering Corporate Relations compliance in adherence to the policies and standards for Data Privacy and Data Management and ensuring that our data is effectively governed and valorised, specifically:
- Embed and strengthen data privacy and data management controls and best practices within Corporate Relations, driving consistency to global policies, standards and strategy throughout local country implementations and ensure increased Information Management capabilities.
- Regularly assess Corporate Relations activities, processes and applications and how they interface with key customers, clients and stakeholders to proactively identify, report and remediate any data-related governance and control weaknesses.
- Deliver a consistent framework for the management and usage of Corporate Relations data aligned to our customer, client, employee and wider stakeholder experience processes, to deliver an efficient and effective function with high impact.
- When Corporate Relations undertakes or is affected by change programmes, ensure that compliance with the bank's policies and standards, and our ability to transition to a data lifecycle-oriented target operating model is included by design.
- In partnership with Corporate Relations Supplier Managers and BX Supplier Management, engage with third-parties who process data on its behalf to ensure that their activities are compliant with the relevant policies and standards, efficient, cost-effective and utilize common data management processes.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the nature and purpose of Corporate Relations activities in order to inform assessments and effectively shape data governance practices, establishing effective controls, best practices and applications to protect our data assets.
- Create an environment where the data & information management capability is increased to identify and drive additional value from customer data to support Corporate Relations services and propositions.
- As the data subject matter expert within Corporate Relations, act as the primary contact point to triage data-related enquiries from other Functions and Businesses.
- Provide global 1LoD support for data-related enquiries from within Corporate Relations including the processing of personally identifiable data and the effective utilisation of data to add value.
- Accountable for all aspects of the Corporate Relations operating model pertaining to the handling of personally identifiable data including breach management, complaints and escalations.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- As a subject matter expert the post holder will need to be able to communicate and operate at executive level internally and with suppliers and other external partners.
- Ability to translate complex requirements for non-specialist stakeholders and relate to real world situations, hypothetical or otherwise.
- Confidence to manage challenge and engage in constructive debate about data privacy and data management concepts and precedents and how these apply to Corporate Relations owned activity.
- Take a highly collaborative approach, working across organisational boundaries to develop implementable solutions to new challenges, in particular with Group Data Privacy, Chief Data Office, Financial Crime, Compliance, Chief Controls Office, GIS, Technology and Internal Audit.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Relevant Data Protection qualifications (e.g. IAPP/ISEB/PDP).
- Demonstrable experience in a privacy, data protection or chief data office function.
- Demonstrable expertise in Information Management and Data Management technology and techniques.
- Relevant experience in driving data and information strategies at the local level.
- Demonstrable experience of fostering a data-centric compliance culture in a global organisation subject to extensive regulatory demands.
- Strong understanding of common data processing approaches and technologies and their impact on privacy.
- In-depth, practical, experience of working with privacy impact assessments and risk assessments.
- Direct practical experience with drafting privacy policies, practices, and processes.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a financial services organisation is preferred.
- Thought leadership through leading roles and/or published academic papers.
- Experience of building strong relationships with stakeholders to support regulatory compliance.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving business environment and make decisions bearing in mind business objectives and commercial requirements.
- Experience with leading privacy compliance and/or data governance programmes is an advantage.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and able to assist in the team in meeting tight deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.