- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Data Protection Assistant Job Introduction Are you looking for a Data Protection Assistant role in a fast-paced, highly creative environment, where you’ll be responding to a dynamic regulatory landscape? Searching for a role that will help take your career to the next level in an environment where no two days are the same? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Data Protection as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Role Responsibility As our new Data Protection Assistant, you’ll be helping Selfridges protect its team member and customer personal information. As part of this, you will:
- Aid and support the wider data protection team.
- Work with key business areas to understand and document how they handle personal data.
- Manage third party suppliers.
- Help the business complete Data Protection Impact Assessments and advise on privacy.
- Assist the Data Protection Advisor to respond to Data Subject Requests where you’ll develop templates and tools to help improve the process.
- Embed a privacy-focused culture through developing and delivering data protection training across all levels of the business. You’ll get to work closely with the business to understand their training needs and collaborate to develop training materials and awareness campaigns.
- Monitor compliance with data protection policies and procedures and auditing the effectiveness of controls introduced into business.
You’ll be reporting into the Data Protection Officer as well as working closely internally with a number of stakeholders across the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- You’ll have a solid, practical understanding of data protection law and practice, with previous experience supporting a data protection programme.
- You’ll have previously worked in a large organisation in the private sector Experience of working in a large organisation in the private sector so you’ll have a bit of an idea of how we might operate, especially from a data protection perspective.
- If you’ve supported a major change or improvement programme, that would be super helpful in this role, as well as experience of working to a regulator/compliance standard.
- You’ll be a fantastic communicator who exudes confidence and enjoys working with a wide variety of stakeholders (and there are plenty of those at Selfridges!)
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about the Data Protection business area. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Data Protection either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About the Company Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development