- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our UKGI Analytics team (Underwriting and Data Office) in Norwich are now recruiting for a Data Scientist Manager to coordinate a team of data scientists, where we seek to drive performance through the delivery of world-class analytics - powering better, faster decisions and simpler, more profitable products.
The effective use of data is essential to the success of Aviva; as a Data Scientist Manager for us, you’ll be accountable for the delivery of claims analytics across Healthcare. This will lead to profit growth, good customer outcomes and reduce operational cost. The role’s scope includes the delivery, improvement and maintenance of all claims and fraud models via your directly aligned team, driving towards a data-led, low cost claims process delivering good customer outcomes.
You’ll drive the creation and adoption of analytics insight across Healthcare Claims whilst being responsible for business partnering, prioritization of demand across the area.
You’ll maintain cost/benefit oversight; successfully delivering leading-edge technologies, a best-in-market Claims analytics capability reducing indemnity spend, crafting better customer outcomes and reducing operational cost. In addition, you’ll drive better decisions through the utilisation of new data sources, techniques and identification of new opportunities to deploy data and analytical insight across Healthcare claims.
As Aviva goes through significant transformation in evolving our data science discoveries around our claims business this is a very integral role in working with our Claims Business Team. A real opportunity for passion and innovation in a greenfield space in insurance.
Although this role is based in Norwich ideally, we do have teams in York and Eastleigh so are somewhat flexible on location.
The skills, experience and qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience of delivering value from and understanding of analytics, data science, machine learning and associated technologies in a Financial Services setting
- Experience of promoting and managing change in a diverse company, working through project findings and outcomes with business partners and clients
- Commercial leadership skills – demonstrating personal credibility and ability to influence teams
- Ability to operate independently and objectively - empowering others, building trust with peers and direct reports
- Ability to think and act strategically – ability to sense risk implications facing the group arising from internal and external factors
- Superb communication with varied business partner management skills
- FCII/ACII or appropriate degree/professional qualifications
- Commercial experience of building teams and projects would be great to see
- Commercial familiarity with Healthcare claims would be phenomenal to see but is not essential
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £60,000 to £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Please note that part of the selection process for this vacancy will be a video interview (either recorded or live). If you’d like more information about video interviewing before applying, please speak to the Recruitment contact listed at the bottom of this page.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
- ms project
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.