- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
Our client, a leading employer in Cambridge are currently recruiting for a SQL Database Administrator to join them on a permanent basis. Founded in 2010 and employing over 140 people, they deliver an industry-leading platform to customers across the world.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- SQL Server architecture and design: Table and index definition, Stored procedure and trigger development, High availability and disaster recovery
- Development, QA, UAT and production system support and maintenance including: Reactive and proactive database tuning and optimisation, Database security and hardening, Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Database lifecycle management including: Collaboration with development and QA teams advising on performance, scalability and optimisation, Supporting IT operations with cloud-based database deployment and administration, Database source code control, Change management in accordance with processes required by a financial organisation, Process definition and management.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- 2-5 years' experience building and managing SQL Server environments
- Confidence and competence with T-SQL
- SQL Server Integration Services
- OLTP, reporting/data warehouse, including ETL
- Comfortable with TCP/IP-based networking and security
- Cloud infrastructure, ideally Amazon Web Services
On top of working in a modern and relaxed working environment they offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday
- Flexible hours - 35 hour working week
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Income protection
- 6% pension contributions
- Health Cash Plan
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free parking
The business are offering an exciting range of projects, excellent opportunities for further development, and a great salary and benefits package.
- sql server