- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM, GB
RSA is looking to hire a new underwriter in its Manchester office.
The role involves working in a team responsible for underwriting profitable new and renewal business in line with risk appetite, business and portfolio strategies and performance targets, with a main focus on new and existing deals.
You will spend the majority of your time delivering underwriting decisions, leading technical validations, contributing to business development activities and liaising with customers.
You will deal with customers and third parties on a one to one basis, although you will also work with other colleagues and be part of a team. You will have strong relationship building and communication skills.
Jobholders are typically responsible for:
- Assessing new deal opportunities and reviewing performance of existing deals, identifying actions and issues through a strong control environment.
- Deliver underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level, in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite.
- Leading and/or contributing to technical validations and peer review processes as required to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment.
- Supporting the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Contribute to initiatives on technical issues and legislative and regulatory requirements
Minimum skills and experience required
- Previous experience of underwriting or sales of Motor, Commercial Combined or Property products would be beneficial
- Previous general underwriting or sales experience is necessary
- You’ll need to be a driven and motivated team player with a hardworking, ‘can do’ attitude and a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- You’ll need lots of initiative and the ability to multi task to solve a variety of problems.
- You will have a high degree of accuracy and a keen eye for detail. You do not need previous Insurance experience however you must be able to demonstrate your passion for delivering world class customer service
- You will be a team player working to deliver on your team’s objectives as well as your own.
Finally a high level of enthusiasm, resilience and a good sense of fun will stand you in good stead for a role with the RSA Group.
We are part of the Commercial Risk Solutions division of RSA that specialises in writing all lines of Commercial business for Corporate customers in the UK. You will be joining a dynamic, highly motivated and successful Trading Centre delivering sales & service to all of the UK Regions Business.
Developing strong relationships with our brokers and managing enquiries over the phone, in writing and sometimes face to face. Your sales and relationship skills will be crucial in building Broker relationships and helping to win and retain customers for the Group.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail as we do work in a regulated environment, but training and support will be given so you can get to grips with our processes and procedures.