- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
About us Demand Planner
Permanent, full time
Competitive Salary + Benefits
At Imperial Brands, we’re challengers by instinct and energetic hands-on operators. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what sets us apart.
We’re a truly international company driven by a strong challenger culture. An innovative and responsible FTSE100 FMCG business widely recognised on the global stage, we generate over £30bn revenue and employ over 30,000 like-minded achievers in markets worldwide. We’re driven by a common purpose: to create something better for the world’s smokers including next generation product consumers.
Alongside our respected brands such as Lambert & Butler, John Player Special and Rizla, we’re increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products with lower health risks than regular tobacco products, all underpinned by leading edge science, analytics and high-quality innovation.
The role We have an exciting opportunity for a Demand Forecasting Analyst to join the Insights and Intelligence team to maintain the sales demand forecasts for the UK and Ireland (UK&I) Cluster. Responsibilities include incorporating input from internal and external sources to prepare accurate forecasts in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be expected to produce accurate sales and market forecasts for UK&I products in order to support efficient supply chain operations planning and stock delivery. The role holder will also be required to create and maintain forecasting models that support UK&I total market, profit and business planning processes.
- Consolidating local reports and internal data to predict future trends, estimating the likely impact on future volumes.
- Combining available internal and external data to inform the development of the forecast.
- Generating the baseline volume & share forecast for the overall market incorporating market trends and future consumer dynamics
- Incorporating latest sales and customer information to align stock availability with demand.
- Incorporating insights on other local events, competitor activities and distributor events.
- Collating information on product introductions, product lifecycle timelines and new launches to inform the development of the Cluster forecast.
- Identifying and communicating performance gaps against targets and suggesting areas for improvement.
- Produce regular forecasting presentations and leading discussions with senior stakeholders to influence business decisions
- Liaising with Finance to ensure the forecast has been communicated for financial modelling.
- Checking the final data in production schedule and releasing to supply planning.
- Maintaining and monitoring sales and market data from a variety of sources to ensure the most up to date information is available to the business.
- Liaising with relevant departments following changes / launches to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels including remote Manufacturing & Supply Chain teams Skills & experience
- Strong background in an operational or strategic demand forecasting role
- A good understanding of the drivers of demand shifts and of the competitive landscape
- The ability to apply insight routinely and to make recommendations on improvements
- Highly numerate and accurate in order to produce detailed forecasts and to calculate return on investment
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders based in other locations (such as Ireland, Germany and Poland) and to communicate well at all levels, along with the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions from vast amounts of data and to produce insightful summaries, and the ability to make decisions based on ambiguous or limited available data
- Process focused and operationally organised
- Good presentation skills - proficient with Powerpoint, with the ability to produce presentations for senior leaders
- Proficient with Excel
- The ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines What we offer Imperial Brands offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Next steps Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.