- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Deputy Care Home Manager you will have responsibility for supporting the Manager in leading a team. You will ensure the highest standards of care are achieved in all areas of the home, promoting independence, dignity and respect to positively enhance the lives of residents. You will be required to demonstrate a professional ethos and positive behaviors while acting as a role model for care staff.
As a Deputy Manager your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responsibility for the management of care services in conjunction with and under supervision of the Manager
- Leading, managing and supporting the team, ensuring staff skills are developed and a high quality of care and service is always provided to residents
- Ensure rotas are covered and managed in line with the agreed TDC to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business
- To provide all requested management reports and updates within required timescales to relevant departments as delegated to you by the Manager
- To be aware of and adhere to all financial procedures within the home and to ensure that all reporting is completed accurately and adhere to the budget as specified in the management accounts as delegated by the Manager
- To promote the home positively to achieve bed sales targets as set by the Managing Director. Once admissions are confirmed, to ensure that all residents are introduced to the home and procedures for admission and departure followed appropriately within agreed timescales
- To promote, role model and maintain a high standard of care including the home environment, promoting clean, welcoming and homely surroundings
- To ensure effective induction of new care staff, provide ongoing supervision of trained staff.
- To work within the CQC standards alongside Prime Life internal policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and best practice guidance
- Plan, direct and deliver high quality person centered care through the care planning process, championing independence and person choice
- To support the Manger to oversee all aspects of medicine management, ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- To support the Manger to monitor the quality of care provided through effective auditing and undertaking of corrective action as required
- To support the Manger to undertake staff reviews through supervision, annual appraisal and team meetings.
- To support the Manger to evaluate performance of the care team ensuring that duties are performed effectively, and attitudes and behaviors reflect the values of Prime Life and Code of Conduct for care staff
- To be up to date on and follow the relevant procedures contained within Prime Life policy files that affect your job and responsibilities.
- Take an active role in training the team of carers, working in conjunction with the Prime Life Workforce Development team to ensure that staff are kept up to date with current practices and good practice developments
- Maintain accurate and relevant documentation and reports to reflect practice and planned development.
- To ensure that all health and safety regulations within the home are adhered to and that appropriate risk assessments are completed
- To ensure provision of emergency treatment for all residents when required utilising relevant medical colleagues
- Be accountable to the Manager for all duties and responsibilities through identifying any areas of concern as soon as possible
- Attendance at meetings/ supervisions as required
- Annual Prime Life appraisal This job description outlines only the main areas of responsibility which may change as the post develops. The post holder may also be required to undertake other duties requested by the Manager/Prime Life Directors. The job description will be evaluated and amended as necessary.
At Prime life we are a close-knit team, so looking after our staff is paramount. Just a few of the benefits of working with us include:
- Equivalent to 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Free DBS Check
- Enhanced Rates of Pay for Qualified Staff
- Great Team
- Career Progression
- Free Car Parking
- Job Satisfaction
- We Offer and Encourage A Great Range Training and Development Courses Essential Characteristics
- Proven Managerial/Leadership experience
- Relevant Management qualification i.e. CQF Level 5 or willingness to work towards qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Writing, recording and reporting skills
- Relationship and team building skills
- It is essential that you are prepared to take on an active role supporting the operation of a 24hr business.
- Previous experience of working in a care setting. The company
At Prime life we pride ourselves on looking after our staff, offering extensive learning and development opportunities to new and existing staff. Our market leading training will teach you the technical skills required to offer first class care, so experience is not vital, just a positive attitude, caring nature and willingness to learn new skills.
We value every team member at Prime Life, which is why the majority of our senior management staff have been promoted from within the company. Our passion is supporting and developing our staff and believe happy carers mean happy residents. Being an equal opportunities employer, we will consider candidates from all backgrounds.
Prime Life provides health and social care services through the operation of more than 60 care homes, with over 90% of our homes being rated Good by the CQC. We offer comfortable, homely, and safe living environments ensuring that all our residents enjoy staying with us and our team has a great work environment with job satisfaction in a highly rewarding career.