- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22,000.00 - £25,000.00 gross per year
Assistant Purchasing Manager
Up to £25,000
An exciting opening has arisen to join a well-established and growing business in a newly created role which has arisen due to continued growth. Supporting across all areas of purchasing and liaising effectively between the purchasing, transport, production and customer service departments, you will play in a key role in the business, ensuring the smooth running of day to day operations.
Working in support of the Purchasing Manager, this role will involve the purchasing of raw materials and services and assessment of cost price to establish a solid supplier base and obtaining the best price and terms form the most effective suppliers.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Purchasing of raw materials and services
- Contract management and allocation of raw materials
- Working with the team on overall price setting
- Processing customer orders
- Assist with stock control, stock takes and the overall management of stock
- Dealing with contractors and sub contracts and contracts for services
- Producing financial data for the accounts team
- Working to maintain excellent standards of health and safety in all areas of the business
- Supplier performance review and setting SLAs
- Updating records and ensuring efficient recording of all data
- Assist with internal and external audit processes and HACCP inspections
- Supporting with Raw Materials, Logistics and Planning as required
The successful candidate for this role will be likely to have some understanding of purchasing processes and will be accustomed to customer liaison. You will be passionate about building a career in purchasing and will be bright, dynamic and dedicated and, additionally, will possess strong IT skills.
In return you will have great working conditions, pension scheme as well as other additional benefits and a generous holiday allowance.
Please get in touch if you would like more information or apply with your CV.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been shortlisted.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.
At Charterhouse Recruitment we are committed to protecting your personal data. Please click on the link below to read our privacy notice which provides you with all you need to know about how we will use and process your data.
- stock control