- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Great Malvern
A successful engineering Company is seeking a Design Engineer to join their growing team. You will be responsible for producing detailed mechanical designs to the agreed Product Specifications.
The role will include 3D modelling and finalisation of detailed drawings, along with the build and test of product assemblies. Administratively, there is a requirement for the control of drawings.
Some UK/international travel may be required for supplier/ customer meetings.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Generate solid models and engineering drawings;
- Checks all drawings produced to ensure accuracy and suitability;
- Generation and management of Engineering Bills of Materials;
- Liaising with members of project and manufacturing teams and suppliers;
- Design of low volume prototypes for the Engineering and other technical departments;
- Manufacture of designed prototypes using hands on engineering skills.
- Design of test rigs for Production and other technical departments;
- Issue engineering drawings to customers and suppliers upon request;
- Generation and maintenance of mechanical assembly documentation.
You could be the perfect candidate for this Design Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering, or an Engineering apprenticeship;
- Experienced in Solidworks 3D CAD;
- Solid understanding of mechanical principles;
- Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing methods e.g. metal fabrications, machining, etc.;
- Experience gained in white goods or industrial/scientific equipment;
- Cost conscious;
- Drawing control/management;
- Within commuting distance of Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire;
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
- 3D Modeling
- Engineering Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- ms project